Intermodal & Drayage Coordinator, Product Management
The Intermodal & Drayage Coordinator is responsible for assisting Account Managers,
Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
Broad knowledge of such fields as logistics, supply chain, accounting, transportation, account management etc. Some College plus 0-2 related experience and/or training.
- Proactively communicate with assigned customers and account managers/branches while assisting with resolution of service issues in a timely manner and provide innovative solutions.
- Communicate with Account Management, customers, operational specialists, to eliminate controllable service exceptions and accessorial costs.
- Develop a proactive relationship with the assigned customer accounts by resolution of issues and concerns in a timely manner and provide innovative solutions.
- Determine which accessorial charges can be billed to the customer and follow company process to successful conclusion, minimizing disputes, assisting in collections.
- Manage order acceptance, order entry, maintenance and accessorial management by email, phone and use of various BNSF Logistics transportation management systems.
- Become intimately familiar with the Intermodal market trends, challenges and customer needs/expectations.
- Track orders on the rail to ensure loads are on time for delivery. Gain access and become familiar with all major Class I railroads websites.
- Manage and track margin and On-Time Performance (OTP) for each order and account, as a whole, to maximize IML margin and network efficiency.
- Manage assigned customer accounts to ensure they receive the best product at the lowest possible cost.
- Schedule pick-up and delivery appointments with shipper/consignee’s and ensure communicated and confirmed covered with operations team.
- Communicate with shipper and consignee contacts regarding exception notification and problem resolution.
- Participate in the development of new processes or best practices for internal efficiency.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or changed from time to time.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
BNSF Logistics offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible spending account
- Company paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee discounts on autos, travel, electronics, insurance, etc.
- Tuition assistance
- Professional training staff with an industry leading Learning Management System
- Company culture that recognizes its employees
ABOUT BNSF Logistics:
BNSF Logistics is an industry-leading transportation intermediary, committed to providing value to each of our customers through professional acumen, entrepreneurial drive, and individual commitment. We are one of the fastest growing 3PLs in North America and pride ourselves on service flexibility and modal breadth. BNSF Logistics is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Burlington Northern Santa Fe LLC.
Our Purpose: We Deliver What Matters
Our Guiding Principles:
- Protect the well-being of ourselves and others
- Drive innovation and embrace transformation
- Respect and serve everyone
- Keep our commitments
- Celebrate and enjoy the journey
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive community
BNSF Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.