Are you ready to work for a company with an excellent reputation? Are you ready to make an impact with work that challenges you, an environment that engages you and a company culture that recognizes you and embraces you?
BNSF Logistics is one of the fastest growing third-party logistics companies in Canada. With this growth, the need for high-quality, high-performance, aggressive, driven personnel is substantial. Because of this need, we are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining a contemporary workforce that will help the company in achieving its objectives.
National Account Manager
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The key responsibility of a National Accounts Manager is the development of new business revenue in specified market verticals. National Accounts Managers will work at the direction of the Market Vertical Director and independently, to identify, engage and close new business opportunities with shippers. New business may be in multiple modes of transportation services and/or transportation and supply chain management services. Sales activity will be focused on a high level customer engagement to obtain a significant position for BNSF Logistics in the transportation and/or transportation management of shipments. National Accounts Managers will interact with procurement, solutions design, marketing, operations and other sales team members in the fulfillment of their responsibilities.
Market Vertical Directors will jointly establish annual revenue growth objectives for each National Account Manager, and provide guidance with new business targets and industry segments. All sales activity in the market vertical performed by the National Account Manager is to be documented fully in Sugar CRM for ongoing evaluation of the new business pipeline and measurement of sales closure results. Sales activity will include third party logistics services, distribution services, consulting services and B2B multimodal solutions with a focus on highway, intermodal, rail and rail-related transportation solutions.
This position requires a significant amount of business travel, and time away from an office environment. National Account Managers must be able to work independently, and schedule their time productively to maximize the number of direct customer contacts. The responsibilities of the position often require activities with customers and other company personnel after normal office hours.
- Development of new business revenue is the key responsibility of a National Account Manager. Successful results require active solicitation and relationship development with shippers within the defined market vertical. Target accounts may be assigned by the Market Vertical Director, or independently developed by the National Account Manager. Sales activity includes contact, introduction, preparation, research, strategy development, presentation of BNSF Logistics services and capabilities, relationship building and opportunity development with new customers. New business activity is documented in the Sugar CRM system for accurate tracking of sales results.
- Provide sales presentations and new customer development, both individually, and jointly with other sales personnel. Activity includes planning, presentation development, travel and actual presentation time and other customer activities.
- National Account Managers convert procurement pricing information into customer proposals and appropriate documents and/or presentations for delivery to customers. Interaction with Market Vertical Directors in the development of pricing strategy and proposal presentation is expected. Follow through on proposals and pursuits of feedback on proposals are key elements of successful new business closure.
- Coordination and communication with marketing, operations, finance, claims, and other company departments.
- Administrative duties (i.e. travel planning, expense reports, CRM documentation, sales reports).
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited university
- 5 to 7 years of sales focusing on multimodal, transportation solutions
- A hunter sales mentality - some passionate and entergetic about hunting for new business, to help grow both themselves and the company
BNSF Logistics offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to:
- Competitive pay
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
- Employee discounts on autos, travel, electronics, insurance, etc.
- Tuition assistance
- Professional training staff with an industry leading Learning Management System
- Company culture that recognizes its employees
ABOUT BNSF Logistics:
BNSF Logistics is an industry-leading transportation intermediary, committed to providing value to each of our customers through professional acumen, entrepreneurial drive, and individual commitment. We are one of the fastest growing 3PLs in North America and pride ourselves on service flexibility and modal breadth. BNSF Logistics is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Burlington Northern Santa Fe LLC.
Our vision is to establish BNSF Logistics as the leader in providing creative logistics solutions that consistently exceed our customers' expectations. BNSF Logistics offers services that range from single shipment execution to complete network design and operation. Our modal expertise spans parcel, truckload, intermodal, and rail. BNSF Logistics provides a blend of professional expertise with logistics technology designed to maximize customer value.
At BNSF Logistics, our vision, mission and values define who we are and how we do business.
To be a premier global multi-modal logistics services and solutions company.
To provide a superior customer experience by delivering innovative, flexible and value driven solutions.
People • Integrity • Profitability • Accountability • Creativity
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.