At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Individual contributor providing critical organizational and operational support to the Key Client Group, including administrative duties, client relationship building, and various operational support activities. Works to deliver day-to-day objectives with significant impact on achievement of results for the job area. Work consists of tasks that are not typically routine. Works independently under limited supervision. May be required to apply discretion within broad operational boundaries and procedures.
Assists Key Client Group team to meet consistent client service levels by coordinating information among internal partners and external parties and resolving more complex and escalated operational issues.
- Provides assistance in the day-to-day processing of client paperwork and transaction processing. This includes checking paperwork for completeness and accuracy and opening client accounts.
Maintains and assists Key Client Group team leads schedules by setting up, confirming and reviewing appointments for current and prospective clients.
Prospect proposal generation. This includes requests from the Key Client Group leads regarding the creation of individual prospect proposal decks.
Trading of client GIFS accounts as requested by KCG Portfolio Strategist. This includes requests to rebalance, raise, or invest cash for distributions, contributions or compliance reports.
Prepares for client meetings including client account review generation. This includes requests from the Key Client Group leads for the timely creation and update of individual client review decks and preparation of documents for client signature, e.g. Signature Card and Investment Policy Statement (IPS) updates.
- Runs reports to help the Key Client Group team leads understand sales opportunities. May balance fluctuation report, manage referrals – RBG & CBG, Input in CRM, Appian and or other systems.
- Provides online banking set-up assistance for clients.
- May act as point of contact for client. Receives and screens telephone calls, mail and visitors.
- Receives wire requests and transfers to Operations Associate; Receives ILOC/HELOC advance or pay down requests; Performs internal transfers via TouchPoint Sales Service (TPSS), BWIS and GIFS.
- May perform notary services as needed.
- Responds to various complex operational issues for internal and/or external parties.
- Identifies operational improvements.
- Resolves escalated issues from clients.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of unit policies, procedures, standards and workflow.
- Identifies opportunities and inputs to CRM; reviews access to comp view for input each month
- Actively assists Key Client Group leads in client prospecting.
- May educate new employees on systems/technology, process/procedures/compliance matters/updates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires basic job knowledge of systems and procedures obtained through prior work experience or education.
- Typically requires a minimum of 3 years, preferred 5 years of prior relevant experience with good working knowledge of the wealth management business and BOTW’s products and services.
- Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Typically requires minimum of 3 years of experience. May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Ability to work well with all people across all levels within and outside of the organization; Good customer service skills.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- Strong MS Office Suite Product skill set (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) for completing daily work.
- Strong knowledge of Appian / TouchPoint / Host / Trust Desk and other computer systems.
- Requires critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment while meeting tight deadlines for completion of work.
- Knowledge and ability to spot red flags in processing transactions, demonstrated working knowledge of Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and know your client (KYC) programs and policies.
- Complete knowledge of the products, policies and processes related to the Key Client Group.
- Complete knowledge of banking operations.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.