At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for coordination and maintenance of operations activities and administration. Acts as the operational expert and addresses operational issues to ensure they are resolved in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Generally leads a team of other Coordinators.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Responds to various operational issues of the highest complexity for internal and/or external customers.
- Analyzes complex problems and delivers solutions where precedent may not exist.
- Generally leads one or more teams of other Coordinators.
- Anticipates and identifies areas for improvement and recommends solutions.
- Participates in appropriate performance-management related tasks.
- Resolves highest level escalated issues from internal and external customers.
- Maintains an expert level knowledge of unit policies procedures, standards and workflow.
- May provide internal and external customer service related to operational issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position involves working and processing fraud/dispute claims.
This position will have a case work queue.
Training and feedback to employees within the department.
Processing claims and chargeback experience
Proven leadership and customer experience skills
- Requires advanced knowledge within a specific discipline typically gained through extensive work experience and/or education.
- Requires 7 years minimum experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Complete knowledge of the products, policies and processes related to unit assigned.
- Complete knowledge of banking operations.
- Performs routine to moderately complex operational assignments that require basic knowledge of bank/department procedures, NACHA Rules and regulations pertaining to the ACH Network
- Inputs ACH originators and Financial Institutions accurately using knowledge of the PEP+ database structure
- Reviews and monitors ACH risk exposure limits while ensuring that files are processed timely and accurately with proper approvals, interfaces with branch managers, relationship managers, CM Sales and CM Customer Service
- Responsible for the testing of customer files and PEP+ system changes working with IT for the accurate implementation of those changes and updates
GTO (Global Trade Operations)
- Manages an investigations desk using analytical thinking to resolve transactional and accounting discrepancies
- Verifies and releases outgoing payments
- Certifies general ledger accounts at month end
- Manages correspondent bank fees and services
- Monitors customer relationships for compliance with transaction processing quality and quantity standards
- Understanding and application of Trade rules, customs, and standard banking practices
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Evaluates the Bank’s daily reserve requirement to ensure that balances at the Fed meet the target
- Oversees the Bank’s daylight overdraft position
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.