As a key member of the Sales Department, you will be responsible for ensuring the implementation and achievement of all Sales related targets, programs, policies, issues and initiatives within the Western region. Efforts are designed to maximize sales, market share, customer satisfaction, Retailer satisfaction, customer loyalty, and profitability for the Retailers within your area, all in a manner that strengthens the BMW brand image in each Retailer operating area.
Qualifications and experience
1. Responsible for the successful review, presentation, analysis, and achievement of all monthly and annual Retailer budgets in regards to new and pre-owned vehicle sales volume.
2. Monitors vehicle inventory and production to help ensure an appropriate model mix of new vehicle inventory for the achievement of monthly, quarterly and annual Retailer budgets.
3. Conducts regular Retailer visits within region, and completes as a minimum, the prescribed Retailer Contact Reports to be summarized or forwarded for action follow-up to the Sales Manager and General Manager, Retailer Principal and/or the President and maintains said Contact Report as an agenda for further meetings and action follow-up.
4. Perform quarterly market share analysis on a regional and market area basis to ensure that BMW Group Canada is maximizing any and all volume opportunities in a given market. Develop recommendations for improvement of volume opportunities.
5. Perform analysis and develop action plans co-operatively with Retailers to improve customer satisfaction, customer loyalty, and sales processes.
6. Monitor weekly sales performance and develop forecast for achievement of monthly sales objectives. Develop recommendations for the achievement of objectives if forecast shortfall exists.
7. Establishes and maintains close liaison with Retailer sales personnel and ensures the following:
Monthly Retailer visits (bi-monthly for non-metro retailers) to discuss general sales issues and review sales and product updates
- Organize quarterly Sales Meetings with Sales Managers to discuss general sales issues and foster communication among Retailer group
- Regular review of sales related policies and procedures with Retailer Sales Managers
- Explain any ongoing sales or special incentive program in a timely manner and ensures Retailer participation
- Ensures product knowledge (BMW and competition) is maintained at maximum standards
- Ensures sales aids, informative product knowledge-related materials are available and utilized
- Answer sales and product related questions from Retailer sales team in a timely manner
University Degree or equivalent in Business Management or related discipline
Minimum 5 years previous automotive field sales experience and/or retail sales experience
Well-developed analytical skills
Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
Familiarity with the BMW product
Well-developed PC skills (MS Office)
Ability to work in a team environment
Ability to travel
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
BMW Group Canada is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team of associates and creating an inclusive environment. BMW Group Canada does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, provincial or territorial law.