Our Corporate Headquarters, located in Richmond Hill, is looking for a Programmer/Analyst in the Technology Department.The Programmer/Analyst assists in the analysis of the computer and systems requirements of BMW Group Canada departments and in fulfilling those requirements through the design, programming, modification, implementation, testing and documentation of computer programs and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- Responsible for the investigation and analysis of new systems with and for various department users as they relate to PC and web applications.
- Responsible for the development of programs/web apps and/or specifications including tests, debugs and implementation of new or changed applications as required.
- Provides expedient problem determination and resolution.
- Provides documentation for new or existing systems as required.
- Prepares and develops the Disaster Recovery strategy for applications. Assists in annual testing and timely maintenance of information relating to the plan.
- Supports existing applications and the development of ongoing maintenance to department standards as they relate to Project Control, Project Management, and Agile DevOps through the use of group standards Client Server and Business Intelligence technologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- After hours support as required.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of five years’ experience in web and application development
- ASP.Net, C#, HTML5, CSS, Angular and Node.JS web development
- Experience with web server administration and development for both Windows and Linux
- Microsoft SQL and/or Oracle DBA, stored procedures, views, optimization and data schema development
- Microsoft BIDS for SSIS Package development for managing and maintaining complex ETLs
- Experience in solution delivery through the use of Agile/DevOps, as well as, knowledge of Agile toolset, JIRA/Confluence
- Capable of managing multiple tasks and deadlines
- Knowledge in reporting tools such as Tableau, Crystal Reports/Business Objects is an asset
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
BMW Group Canada is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team of associates and creating an inclusive environment. BMW Group Canada does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, provincial or territorial law.