The National Manager, Retail Training and Development is responsible for the technical and operational training for BMW and MINI Retailers including technical training, product training, sales training, aftersales training, apprentice training, soft skills training, and personal development.
Qualifications and experience
Areas of responsibility include team leadership, daily operations and strategic planning of the training function including training needs analysis, Retailer consultation, curriculum development, training related IT systems, staffing and recruitment, training evaluation, vendor selection, budgeting, vehicle fleet and facility operation and management for training centres in Vancouver, Richmond Hill and Montreal.
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Budget Management:
Responsible for the administration and management of the department budget. This is done through continuously seeking cost saving areas, preparing monthly or as required management reports, with presentation and negotiations.
Prepares the Training Budget with input from internal departments and the Retailer Training Sub-committee for approval; monitors all training expenditures and prepares any necessary revision or commentary to forecast.
- Manage training vehicle fleet operation, usage and ordering.
2. Training Curriculum Management:
- Responsible for ensuring that all Retailer training initiatives are in line with corporate strategic initiatives and retailer initiatives and that metrics are in place to measure the effectiveness of that training.
- Monitors feedback from all course and program participants and surveys the Retailers to ascertain the effectiveness of BMW Group University training, and to ensure that training funds are properly utilized.
- Assist facilitator(s) or conduct actual training programs as required, based on training needs, resource availability and personal expertise.
- Manage training related IT systems by sponsoring, prioritizing and implementing enhancements and continuous improvements. Develop content and resources for Learning Management System to deliver training in the most cost efficient form.
3. Relationship Management:
- Maintains a strong working relationship with all internal customers, Associates, third party vendors and other BMW affiliates through recognition of our strong culture and values.
- Negotiate and manage agreements with key external business partners.
- Measure and manage vendor / partner cost, value and delivery of services and supplies.
- Continually evaluate vendor / partner performance to ensure training objectives are fulfilled.
- Establish and foster close working relationships with other BMW entities, specifically BMW AG and BMW NA to achieve training synergies and leverage group resources.
- Integrate BMW Group Canada departments as partners in the training function, from needs analysis through curriculum development to vendor selection and evaluation.
4. Associate Development:
- Manage and lead BMW Group University Associates through training and development opportunities, regular performance updates, objective and personal development planning, and through annual review process.
- Responsible for the staffing allocations including interviewing, hiring, training of new Associates, recommend organization changes as needed.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, or Adult Education or work related experience in a training or retail environment
- Demonstrated budget management and project planning experience
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven experience in training facilitation or advanced presentation skills
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills
- Current automotive industry background preferred
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills in all Microsoft Office applications
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
BMW Group Canada is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team of associates and creating an inclusive environment. BMW Group Canada does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, provincial or territorial law.