GUI Software Engineer Job Summary
BMV Optical Technologies creates ultra precise optical components and systems for a variety of Photonics based industries including biomedical, aerospace, and military. The BMV R&D team has been developing a fully integrated Static Fringe Fizeau Interferometer for in-house use. Now that its capabilities have been assessed and its performance verified, our project mission has changed to complete the development of a commercial turnkey Fizeau Interferometer with high measurement accuracy. As we approach the final stages of development, we are looking for a GUI Software Engineer to produce the custom Windows Embedded GUI for our optical Fringe Analysis software. The successful candidate will have a core responsibility to this custom interface but will also help to develop of other R&D critical projects as our department workload grows. This position will start as a 4-Month full-time contract. However, there is a strong potential for full-time or part-time permanent work following completion of the contract term. We also offer a competitive compensation package for all our full-time employees.
GUI Software Engineer Basic Qualifications
- 3-Year Technical Diploma or B.S. in Computer Science or related fields.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in desktop GUI development, software design practices, and problem solving.
- Strong Python programming skills.
- AND/OR Strong C++ programming skills.
- Self-motivated, results oriented, and ability to work well individually and in a team environment.
GUI Software Engineer Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, write, and implement well-designed, testable code for an intuitive user-facing software.
- Solve technical problems with both independent and group research initiatives.
- Develop and document user software interface functionality.
- Collaborate with all team members regarding operational activities pertaining to the execution of assigned projects.
- Work independently and multi-task effectively.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
GUI Software Engineer Skillset
- Front-End Windows User Interface (UI) Development in Python (wxPython or another toolkit).
- AND/OR Front-End Windows User Interface (UI) Development in C++.
- Shall have a good understanding of object-oriented design.
- Shall have experience in desktop software development including design, integration, and testing.
- Understands technical writing and have familiarity with notable technical literature.
- Experience developing software for Microsoft Windows (7 or newer) operating environment.
- Experience with SDK image capture software would be an asset.
- Experience with OpenCV and NumPy would be an asset.
- Experience with graphics libraries such as OpenGL would be an asset.
- Experience with Arduino and serial communication would be an asset.
- Experience in the development of software for in-field/industrial/embedded environments where high performance and reliability are required would be an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Desktop GUI Development: 1 year (Required)