As we expand our business, we are looking to hire a Fixed Income Trader with 3-5 years of FI trading experience and a passion for technology. The candidate will be providing markets on all Canadian Listed Fixed Income ETFs. Broad fixed income risk management expertise is expected across Canadian and US products. A focus in Investment Grade credit is ideal. The candidate will be part of a dynamic team that makes highly competitive markets on a broad range of Canadian ETFs.
Client coverage, team representation and speaking/educational events are assumed areas of interest. The candidate will be working very closely with our algorithmic trading and data science teams to constantly work on refining our market making, hedging and modeling capabilities. Our business excels at the intersection of trading and technology and the ideal candidate will have a technical background. The candidate will work closely with our internal partners to coordinate the hedging and risk management of the business. The candidate will be part of a diverse and agile team that actively engages and collaborates with various lines of business within Capital Markets.
Key Areas of Accountability
1) Trading Expertise
- Price and execute trades on relevant Exchanges. Manage positions and trading P&L.
- Ensure that trades conform to regulatory agencies.
2) Sales and Relationship Management:
- Support sales activities with trading strategies and market information.
3) Risk Management:
- Responsible for the prudent management of the Bank’s exposure. Must operate within position and loss limits.
- Manage risk related to pricing and trading of the book.
Knowledge & Skills:
- University degree in Computer Science/Mathematics/Engineering preferred.
- 3-5 years of fixed income trading experience with a thorough understanding of managing fixed income risk.
- Strong understanding of equity trading procedures and regulatory concepts.
- Strong quantitative, risk management and technology skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Programming experience is a plus.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work and make decisions under pressure.
- Creative and eager to learn.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.