We’re on a mission:
Are you a curious thinker with innovative ideas and a passion for delivering market-leading digital customer experiences? Make your mark by helping us re-imagine how we interact with our customers and create the experiences that matter to them. We’re building a team of passionate people, working collaboratively in Agile, to re-imagine banking for the digital age.
Why now and why BMO?
We believe our customers’ lives are changing – and we need to change with them. From day-to-day life to the moments that matter, our customers are increasingly defining success in different ways and we need to be there to help. This means meeting our customers where and how they expect to bank.
At BMO, we believe we must respond to our customers by becoming a customer experience-led, digitally-enabled bank. Driven by a deep understanding of our customers and willingness to constantly challenge the status quo, we believe we can meet the challenge before us.
We are building experience teams, combining people with different skills and knowledge, to accelerate our customer experience. These teams will work Agile, in a vibrant space, and embrace the latest methods, tools, and technologies to drive innovation and change. Self-managed and cross-functional, these teams will be empowered and have the resources and authority to drive a customer-led digital transformation.
As a Product Designer, here’s what you will do:
- Conceptualize, design, and deliver online banking experiences across multiple platforms
- Work side by side with customers, product managers, developers, and fellow designers
- Balance business goals, customer needs, and technological capabilities to create solutions that are scalable and future-proofed
- Create UI designs from sketch to delivery, iterating based on user research and feedback loops
- Rapidly prototype ideas in order to share concepts and learn from users
- Produce UX and visual design deliverables, including user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and final creative assets
- Communicate design rationale, user experience issues, and user-centered design practices
- Contribute to planning and conducting usability testing and other user research
- Translate customer data and insights into design decisions, improvements, and opportunities
- Implement existing design patterns, style guides, and accessibility guidelines, while contributing to their continuous improvement
What makes you a great fit?
- Degree in Computer Science, Interaction Design, or Graphic Design or other relevant education
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years’ digital design experience
- Firm understanding of responsive web and mobile app design
- Expertise in either visual design or interaction design, plus experience and continued growth in the other discipline
- In-depth knowledge of UX/UI principles and best practices, user-centered design, and design thinking
- Experience working across the project life cycle, within cross-functional teams, and using lean/agile design practices
- Proficient with design software such as Sketch, Axure, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, etc.
- Collaborative, team player with strong communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Familiar with capabilities of front end technologies (HTML,CSS, Java Script)
- Financial industry experience would be an asset
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.