Working directly with and reporting to the MD Strategy & Business Management for Global Corporate Banking (GCB), this intense and diverse role is responsible for a high level of professional services for strategic, analytical and operational support for the Global Transaction Banking business. The role is focused specifically around Strategy execution, sales tools and reporting, Banker support and Risk/Regulatory matters. The incumbent would be working with the VP Global Corporate Banking, Strategy & Business Management for GCB to develop, execute against and measure the success of the strategy and strategic initiatives.
GCB comprises core global industries in which it participates and offers various products to support the client relationship. Global Transaction Banking is a critical component of the Global Corporate Bank, its key focus is the development and provision of cash management and trade products, enhancing the product offering available to our core relationships. This role will support the analysis of both performance metrics, enhancement of sales support, operational efficiencies and systems enhancements. This role supports the entire Global Transaction Banking team across both geographies and thus covers a wide scope of deliverables which may apply for the broader team or be specific in nature to one particular area of investigation.
Developing and improving, actionable management reporting is critical in tracking and providing insights to the broader team ensuring the GCB population have the best information to serve our clients.
The role requires an individual who has analytical capabilities grounded in strong quantitative judgment, is an effective communicator, works as a team player, and possesses the highest level of integrity. The candidate should be adept at interpersonal dynamics, comfortable communicating with senior leaders and in managing matters that are both sensitive and confidential.
This role includes accountabilities for supporting, anticipating and managing both short and long term objectives/outcomes and maintaining a strong understanding of the strategic and performance objectives of GCB. The role also requires liaising with key internal stakeholders across a variety of functions and levels, including Finance, Operations, the Business Unit Compliance team, OCOO groups such as the BMO CM Strategy & Business Management team.
This role requires support for communication and messaging of key initiatives, thus ability to convey messages in clear, concise, impactful presentation materials is desirable.
As Global Transaction Banking spans the Enterprise, a critical component of the role is strengthening the relationship and co-ordination with Enterprise transaction banking initiatives.
- Strategy and Operational Support = 30%
- Financials and Key Metrics = 25%
- Business Delivery and Execution = 35%
- Risk and Regulatory = 10%
Strategy and Operational Support
- Through the annual planning process, collaborate with the VP, Strategy & Business Management for GCB and Leadership Team where applicable and the Strategy & Business Management team, and across other LOBs as required to plan/design and update the Global Transaction Banking (GTB) individual LOB strategies if required, in support of the BMO Capital Markets CEO Strategy process, including accountability for the implementation of said strategies
- Plan/design and develop integrated confidential reports and updates on GTB performance objectives (both financial and non-financial) and strategic initiatives as required
- Support the Managing Director and VP, Strategy and Business Management to develop, articulate and implement strategic plans and initiatives on an ongoing basis; take the lead in analyzing and preparing business cases for new initiatives
- Support the development and evolution of sales tools and management reporting at the Banker level to ensure access to actionable data enhancing client discussions and service.
- Play a role in identifying and assisting initiatives to enhance internal efficiencies improving speed to market and improving operational process.
- Update operating metrics and milestones including the identification of potential areas of opportunity or concern for the GTB business or for specific areas within GTB.
- Support special projects as requested by the MD and/or VP GCB Strategy & Business Management.
Financials and Key Metrics
- Work with the MD and VP, Strategy and Business Management for GCB and with Finance to develop the five year financial plan for the GTB business as part of the annual planning process, including financial analysis of key growth
- initiatives, review of direct expenses and cross-charges, etc.
- Support financial initiatives as required. Provide input and assistance with the development of various management views enabling ability to track performance at sector and product levels. Partner with Business Intelligence through numerous analytical reviews aimed at better understanding and enhancing portfolio performance.
Business Delivery and Execution
- As a key member of the Strategy & Business Services Team, this role will act as a key contact for GTB population. This requires addressing concerns, providing guidance on support materials and escalating key issues raised within the business.
- Support for GTB Bankers can be diverse given the scope of industry coverage, products and systems employed.
- Critical Connectivity with GTB Enterprise product teams on Enterprise initiatives.
- Play a lead role in developing presentations, internal communications and speech content as required. This will include presentations at the Executive level, which require the highest quality of messaging.
- Assist in the delivery, improvement and roll out of enhanced sales tools and sales tracking and reporting.
- Effectively manage complex and diverse issues that intersect with GCB from across the business, bank and externally as required.
Risk and Regulatory
- Support risk and regulatory activities and analysis for GTB, where required, which may include audits, risk assessments, regulatory changes, etc. in partnership with GCB BUCO team and other stakeholder groups as appropriate.
- Support the quarterly/annual risk dashboard review and risk control and self-assessment (RCSA) process, and ensure that compliance, regulatory and other internal controls are complied with
- Provide business support where required in addressing any evolving risk or regulatory issues or concerns. Assisting in the provisions of business information where required or being part of solutions.