Under the direction of the Branch Operations Manager, this role is responsible for assisting the branch and IA teams in achieving the business objectives of profitability, market share and NPS.
Business Delivery and Operational Effectiveness
- Support the IA’s sales and service objectives by delivering service initiatives to the IA’s clients which includes, but is not limited to, preparation and maintenance of client documentation; administration of client accounts file maintenance, photocopying, document/presentation preparation
- Ensure client needs are met or exceeded
- Project a professional and consistent image by adhering to organization’s brand, corporate identity and standards
- Liaise with various departments for execution of client requests and problem solving and other branch duties as assigned
Risk Management & Controls
- Ensure compliance regulations are adhered to
- Ensure proper adherence to all aspects of First Principles Our Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence for the prevention of loss due to fraud, counterfeiting, money laundering or defalcation in accordance with Bank policy
Knowledge & Skills
- Basic knowledge of administrative process and procedures. Proactively and professionally provide administrative assistance to assist the IA(s) in meeting client service needs
- Knowledge of basic company and branch operations (i.e., CIC, client services, trust services, account transfers, etc.)
- Understanding of day to day work flow and related reports
- Knowledge of operational aspects of traditional (stocks, bonds, money market, mutual funds) and non-traditional (managed and fee based) products
- Familiar with use of: RIS, SAM, Thompson One, Salesforce.com, Intranet, E-Mail
- Knowledge of trust products (i.e., RRSP, RRIF etc.)
- Knowledge of compliance rules (proprietary and industry)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Understand and read ADP and RIS reports to provide interpretation to IA(s) or use as required
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Computer literacy
- 0 - 1.5 years of experience
- CSC and CPH successful completion within 18 months of date of hire is desirable
- Successful completion of 30-day BMO NB Investment Representative Licensing Program
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.