The Digital Marketing Manager – Performance Marketing / Cards Acquisition is accountable to assist the development of digital strategies and tactical plans in support of driving digital acquisition for Personal & Business Banking – Credit Cards (North America)
The role will champion paid search primarily with opportunity to manage social end-to-end from inception through launch to meet the acquisition goals. Bringing tactical plans to life, ability to evaluate & optimize towards performance is essential to succeed.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the successful candidate will work collaboratively with the other channel leads, appropriate P&C marketing teams and cross-functional teams (Digital Channels Marketing, Product Acquisition), as well as external partners to manage all aspects of the channel activities.
Successful candidate will be the key person in executing programmatic strategy and tactics across all display partners
20% Planning Support
- Support the development, implementation, review and revision of a 1 year work plan including assimilating BMO’s vision, mission, values, operational and resource plans.
- Review progress to plans, and develop, communicate, and actively participate in the implementation of actions necessary to correct internal and external issues. Escalate significant issues as necessary.
40% Campaign Management
- Accountability to drive acquisition for retail payment business across all card products.
- Understand the digital experience and how it applies to each product portfolio from all business aspects, including competitive position, market position, customer journey and channel requirements to inform positioning and enhancing the digital experience on external positioning and communication requirements.
- Leverage external publications, trade publications and other sources of information to be informed about marketing in general and for digital marketing environment.
- Stay abreast of innovative marketing and digital approaches related to external and internal communication, and continually push the envelope to ensure BMO employs and leverages all opportunities to present our message and offer in the most compelling and engaging way.
- Document and understand the Canadian marketplace, including impacts of the US and other foreign competitors entering Canada. Using market knowledge, customer information, and analytics tools, assess customer needs and make recommendations for how to improve overall business results.
- Measure and analyze the effectiveness and impact of project communication deliverables, identifying opportunities for improvements and leverage the knowledge in development of future project communications deliverables.
- Evaluate executed programs holistically across all aspects (channels, message, offer, competition, etc.) and drive shareable insights.
- Contribute to the change agenda of Customer Communications & Marketing.
20% Coordination of Campaign Development
- Provide digital support for campaigns including level of spend, digital approaches and messaging as part of integrated campaigns developed for the product portfolio. Consider strategy relevance through research of competitive spend and awareness levels. Recommend changes as required.
- Manage the execution of customer marketing campaigns
- Participate in development of DMP integration roadmap and execute through cross-channel/team collaboration
- Maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners to generate opportunities to leverage sponsorship rights that are owned by partners.
- Assist and coordinate the execution of communications, including the following key activities:
- Preparation of creative briefs and campaign page intakes that meet business objectives and provide essential information and direction for creative development.
- Ensure all material is produced according to deadline.
- Ensure appropriate internal and external approvals are obtained.
- Ensure process stays on budget.
- Ensure all communication is consistent to overall brand positioning look and feel as well as compliant with legal/disclosure requirements.
10% Relationship Management
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal partners and external partners. Influence these partners in order to build the brand, enhance communication programs and take advantage of synergies.
- Represent the Digital experience in any discussions about the external advertising requirements in partnership with Corporate Marketing and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
10% Risk Management and Control
- Monitor marketing communications to ensure adherence to standards of third party brands and compliance with legal, privacy, legislative and association regulations.
- Provide budget information to the overall Manager to facilitate an overall view of marketing spend for Customer Communications & Marketing.
- Ensure all required authorizations and approvals are obtained for the execution of promotional advertising campaigns.
- Post-Secondary Degree in Marketing/Business
- 4-6 years Digital advertising experience, focusing on direct response media
- Solid understanding of the digital channel and digital acquisition success metrics
- Strong expertise in managing Paid Search programs for multiple products
- Experience in managing and optimizing Social programs is an asset
- Digital media buying, booking digital media campaigns & optimization
- Understanding of digital platforms – DMP, attribution modelling systems, Google Marketing Platform, GA360, GTM, etc.
- Ability to report on campaign results to evaluate media performance and drive insights
- Proficiency of Excel, and Campaign Manager (CM)
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Experience evaluating digital creative and campaign landing pages
- Knowledge of effective creative messaging
- Experience in Financial Services environment and/or performance/acquisition driven campaign an asset
- Experience working in an Advertising Agency/managing an Agency an asset
- Proactive team player
- Analytical, data-driven thinking
- Interpersonal, relationship management skills
- External partnership management skills – working with agencies and affiliate partners
- Strong attention to detail and passion for quality
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to balance multiple projects/deadlines
- Integrated marketing communication and planning skills
- Strategic, change management communication and creative assessment skills
- Technical marketing skills including marketing communications, market research, positioning, advertising and execution
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Marketing & Advertising
Marketing & Strategy-X000072