The Technology Analyst is accountable to work as a liaison with the end users / operations and project delivery teams to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate information related to support the Strategy and Planning for the Line of Business, Payment Operations, and corresponding Technology groups. Collaborating among these teams, the Technology Analyst collects, clarifies, and translates information into requirements that drive the testing and delivery of the end product for our clients. The Technology Analyst will also perform testing to validate the deliverables while working with developers to achieve success.
The team, of which the Analyst will be a part, operates in the world of payments and the ideal candidate would have a strong interest to contribute to BMO’s evolution in this landscape and have some solid experience in the area already, especially in the area of SWIFT and sanctions scanning beyond operations exposure.
· Identifies sources of requirements, possible interfaces, and affected Lines of Business based on high-level process description or scenarios in order to understand stakeholder needs
· Builds, sustains, and leverages relationships with individuals within his/her area of immediate responsibility when gathering, validating, and approving requirements to establish a comfort level in managing relationships and understanding business needs to assure that a quality result will be delivered
· Identifies inconsistencies and gaps within a business process description and collaborates with stakeholders to clarify and simplify complex processes
· Facilitates requirements gathering sessions, including leading discussions, managing group dynamics, and maintaining group focus, to work towards accomplishing the stated goal(s) of the session within the context of the project objectives
· Assists with requirements management plans according to the recommended practices of the organization so that activities and milestones of the requirements management team can be measured against the goals of that plan
· Adheres to and ensures that others follow the organization’s Requirements Management Process to support the organizational standards and ensure consistency of deliverables
· Provides clarification of requirements to other project team members to assist them in the creation of their specific project deliverables (e.g., assists the testing team in the creation of the Testing Strategy and Testing Execution Plan; provides clarification for developers who would create Design Documents; etc.)
· Authors and executes SIT cases and participates in defect resolution processes as defects are found; supports UAT
· Finalises test phase findings via Final Reports and gathers approvals for all documentation, PPQA, implementation, etc.
· Assists with analysis and optimisation of sanctions scanning processes and their constant evolution
· Supports production inquiries as they arise from a business analysis / operations standpoint
· Possesses a university degree/college diploma and/or 2 to 5 years progressive business analysis experience, supporting smaller to medium size projects
· Possesses good business knowledge in the Finance/Banking industry specifically with Payments and Commercial Banking.
· Payments knowledge, especially related to SWIFT, would be an asset
· AML knowledge, especially related to sanctions scanning, would be an asset
· Understanding of relevant technology such as client/server web applications, interface / communications mechanisms (MQ, Web Services, etc.)
· Experience working with and/or managing vendors
· Strong Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
· Knowledge of project and defect tracking methodologies and systems (especially Jira) would be an asset
· Experience using tools like HP ALM would be an asset
· Experience working with DevOps methodologies
· Strong Communication skills – communicates easily with varying stakeholders (technology teams, end users, project delivery teams) in controlled situations (e.g., one-on-one interviews, formal requirements gathering sessions, etc.)
· Good ability to translate technical concepts into easily understandable concepts and vice versa
· Demonstrates solid writing and documentation skills
· Possesses solid problem-solving and analytical skills
· Works well both independently and in teams