This is a full time, permanent role located at 120 Bloor St East.
The P&C Technology Digitization Team is responsible for managing and executing the deployment of digitized features across the bank. The Team is looking for an experienced Senior Technology Specialist as technical lead to work on multiple critical projects spanning technologies that range from mobile devices (iOS and AirWatch) to BMO’s existing branch network and legacy systems.
The candidate must possess a broad range of technical skills as well as the attitude and ability to foster collaboration between Development and Operations teams, advocate the DevOps culture and to contribute in evolving the practice of DevOps standards and tools.
· Technical leader for the project’s technical team and collaborate with other technology stakeholders.
· Coordinate the end to end design of digitization solutions (eForms and eSignature) and work in close partnership with Developers and Systems Architecture to ensure consistency of solution design with the system infrastructure and reusable/shared technology strategy.
· Provide strategic guidance to technical staff to ensure alignment to business and IT DevOps strategies and adherence to IT standards.
· Asses impact of design decisions to the computer solution/product/service being developed (performance, schedule, budget, downstream component/system impact, quality, etc.) and recommends creative alternate solutions.
· Interact with key business & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver solutions that reflect the needs of both the business and end-customers.
· Understand business requirements and solution architecture and translate them into detailed design specifications.
· Assist in the resolution of issues and problems, including root-cause analysis and diagnosis.
· Support the management of specific project deliverables & outcomes, including managing small projects to completion, as required, to deliver the business objectives.
· Continuing personal and professional development, keeping abreast of current industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
· Evaluates new technologies for fit with the program/system/eco-system and the associated upstream and downstream impacts on process, data, risk (e.g., security
· Identify opportunities for improvements to streamline and integrate technological processes and/or systems to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness to strengthen the capability at BMO, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
· 4-7 years of related work experience in IT or business environment and/or BS/BA or MBA/MS in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
· Prior experience working in a Digitization project, specifically in the financial sector is a plus
· Expert knowledge of integrated systems architecture and workflow
· Knowledge of SDLC practices, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
· Experience working in Agile methodology is preferred.
· Understands core business processes and business requirements as well as the architecture patterns and technology strategy (e.g., transformation, smart core, dev ops)
· Solid communication skills, team-player and consensus builder
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.