We are seeking for an enthusiastic and passionate leader with strong leadership qualities and a collaborative spirt to help support our vision and mission of pushing the future of our technology and cloud platform in BMO Financial Group. Our ideal candidate will be a dynamic driver for change and an experienced technical leader with a proven track record of success. The person will dive in and lead the day-to-day direction of the Cloud Orchestration Engineering team in defining and enabling the BMO Cloud Orchestration platform to drive innovation, application modernization and delivering exciting new cloud capabilities at scale. The team is tasked to develop cloud orchestration capability to automate workload deployments on both on-prem and off-prem cloud platforms. The team is a product owner with a responsibility for product enhancement and life cycle management of several enterprise tools including BMO’s Cloud Orchestration Platform (BCOP), Ansible Tower, and other supporting systems. You have a proven record to build, motivate and energize a diverse technical team tasked on delivering complex tasks under a tight timeline. You are a hands-on leader, have passion for continuous improvement, and have the ability to plan, prioritize and structure the work of an agile team. You are a strong advocate for operational excellence and have a passion for innovation, quality product delivery and collaboration. Your extensive experience with product management and cloud services has equipped you to provide technical guidance and supervision to your team and contribute to the development of a multi-year product strategy for the portfolio of products under your management.. The individual in this role will be expected to work collaboratively with all levels of leadership and promote a healthy work environment that fosters positive team alignment within T&O.
Working with the Platform Engineering leadership to:
- Manage and give guidance to the team on the development of highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud orchestration capability
- Enhance the capacity of the Cloud Orchestration Engineering team through new hiring, coaching, training and hands-on-leadership while maintaining and fostering BMO Values
- Create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction ensuring quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment.
- Oversees the day-to-day work of the Cloud Orchestration Engineering team that includes product deployment, enhancement and support for cloud orchestration capabilities, develop service catalogue, onboard on-prem and off-prem cloud platforms for automated workload placement, product and best-practice documentation, and collaborate across technology and CIO organization to promote CI/CD driven infrastructure as a Code capability.
- Develop long- and short-term work plans for the Cloud Orchestration Engineering team to meet the goals sets in the enterprise Cloud Solution Design and Cloud Target architecture
- Develop long-and short-term product roadmap for supports products
- Provide consistent collaborative leadership with senior executives to help drive goals and objectives that will improve operational efficiencies.
- Drive adherence to Agile methodologies including playing a role of scrum lead
Required Core Skills:
- At least six 6 years of experience in a technical role in a large enterprise environment
- Experience leading a development and support of enterprise products and platforms.
- A solid knowledge of Cloud Computing, Cloud Development and enterprise change management process
- Strong technical leadership skills, including coaching, team-building, and conflict resolution.
- Strong understanding of Cloud Native Architecture and principles and Infrastructure as a code.,
- Experience with implementing CI/CD Systems and DevOpS methodologies.
- Advanced communication skills catered to a wide variety of audiences. (e.g. written, verbal, presentation);
- A critical thinker with a Strong analytical and problem solving skills and advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Ability to engage, lead and drive vendors working closely with our Vendor Management function
- Organizational and strategic management skills, including budget and business planning and forecasting
- Advanced relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting with senior management and executive roles for internal and external partners
- Extensive business acumen, technical knowledge, and industry experience encompassing one or more cloud engineering, technology, and product domains
- A strong team player, self-motivated and a positive attitude.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.