Are you a social media super-user? Are you fascinated by how social media is transforming the workplace for major brands? Would you jump at the opportunity to influence how social media is used for one of Canada’s pre-eminent financial institutions across North America? If your answer to those questions is “yes,” then you may be the person we’re looking for to join our team!
The Social Media Coordinator, Thought Leadership and Advocacy, will report to the Senior Manager, Social Media Thought Leadership and Advocacy, and will be accountable for:
- Supporting BMO’s Social Thought Leadership and Advocacy efforts for a wide range of executives from all across BMO, with a focus on helping to grow these programs in conjunction with the Senior Manager, Social Media Thought Leadership and Advocacy
- Creating shareable and compliant social media content and posts directly for our social media channels, and for executives to share via social media channels
- Assisting with updating content inventories and creating content calendars for executives, and with coordinating content publication with executives and their support teams
- Moderating all user-generated content in line with BMO’s standards
- Researching third-party content opportunities, facilitating approvals, and uploading content to vendor platforms
- Facilitating the review and approval process to ensure relevant stakeholders in Corporate Communications, legal, compliance and other parts of the business sign off as appropriate
- Measuring the performance of social media content and user engagement and providing ongoing recommendations for optimization
- Participating in the social media team’s emergency/on-call support rotation schedule
- Collaborating with internal and external partners, and participating in discussions on results
- Ensuring that reports and other important records are stored and organized within the appropriate knowledge and information repositories, including OneDrive and Sharepoint sites
- Contributing to regular scorecards for social media initiatives
- University degree and proven working experience in social media
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Attention to details
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Fluency in English; French is an asset
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.