6-month contract position with the possibility of being extended.
The Service Representative, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), performs duties related to the treatment of AML investigation requests and exception reporting.
Fulfill routine and occasionally non-routine transactions, internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries/ requests, and/or audit/ reconciliation activities efficiently and effectively in accordance with Bank and industry standards, focusing on up to a one-month time horizon. Follow procedures to resolve standard and relatively straightforward internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries/ requests and issues, referring non-routine issues to more senior team members and/or manager.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Product & Process
- Risk & Control
- Business Performance Management
Product & Process
- Process and/or fulfill transactions, perform audit/ reconciliation activities and/or other activities in accordance with established priorities and deadlines on a timely, accurate and efficient basis.
- Resolve discrepancies that include occasional non-routine situations in accordance with standard procedures.
- Record and verify data for fulfillment and/or further handling.
- Communicate with internal business partners and external customers to respond to standard and occasionally non-standard and/or non-routine inquiries according to guidelines. Follow-up with other business units to ensure issues are resolved.
- Perform administrative tasks such as distributing/ collecting documentation and information to or from other internal departments or institutions, archiving historical documentation, assisting in the preparation of management reports, reconciling activities on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Resolve escalated work or issues from more junior staff, as appropriate.
- Provide input into the continuous improvement of business processes and procedures within the scope of the work team, and participate in testing and implementation of projects and new/ revised products/ services or processes.
- Provide on-the-job assistance and training to others, as requested.
Risk & Control
- Escalate non-standard and/or non-routine issues, where applicable, as per guidelines.
- Ensure quality control standards are met for own work prior to proceeding with each workflow activity, as required by procedures.
- Identify potential risk situations and escalate to more senior team members.
- Review transactions and requests for compliance with regulatory and Bank requirements, as required.
- Ensure all appropriate authorizations/ approvals are obtained in accordance with policies and controls.
- Ensure adherence to all aspects of FirstPrinciples, Our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Corporate Policy, as well as all applicable legislation, regulatory rules and requirements, and Bank standards, policies and procedures (P&Ps) for such things as potential conflicts of interest, safeguarding of customer information, trading in securities, anti-money laundering, privacy and disclosure of outside business activities.
- Ensure strict confidentiality is maintained for both customer and Bank information to protect the customer and the Bank and to ensure compliance with Bank P&Ps.
- Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence in accordance with Bank policy for the prevention of loss due to such things as fraud or defalcation.
Business Performance Management
- Deliver exceptional customer service that builds trust through responsive, accurate, consistent, knowledgeable and available services and support.
- Align individual performance goals to team and organizational goals.
- Demonstrate behaviours that are consistent with “Our Way” model and aligned with BMO values.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- 1 to 2 years of related experience
- Knowledge of standard desktop applications used by the business unit
- Good knowledge and understanding of the business unit’s key products and services, processes and controls
- Good understanding of risk and regulatory requirements of the role
- Basic knowledge of departmental systems and applications
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good investigation skills
- Good prioritization skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good customer service skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.