This position is part of the Payment Services operational group within Wealth Management Product Operations.
Fulfill routine and frequently non-routine transactions, internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries/ requests, and/or audit/ reconciliation activities, and solve more complex issues efficiently and effectively in accordance with Bank and industry standards, focusing on up to a three-month time horizon. Follow procedures to resolve internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries/ requests and issues. Act as a subject matter expert to the team. Recommend/ implement process improvements. Act as point of approval/ resolution of escalated issues for more junior staff, where applicable.
- Product & Process
- Risk & Control
- Business Performance Management
Product & Process
- Process and/or fulfill transactions, perform audit/ reconciliation activities and/or other activities in accordance with established priorities and deadlines on a timely, accurate and efficient basis.
- Resolve discrepancies/ exceptions that frequently deal with non-routine situations, requiring further analysis.
- Investigate and may resolve or make recommendations to more senior team members on more complex, non-routine issues relating to internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries or requests, business process efficiency and quality control within existing procedures.
- May resolve escalated work or issues from more junior staff, where applicable.
- Enable productive relationships within the line of business (LOB) and other functions through responsiveness and support. Proactively work with others (i.e., on own team, shared service centre, other operational areas, or with the internal business partner and/or external customer) to ensure delivery of timely, quality and efficient fulfillment activities.
- Provide advice to internal business partners and peers to support the completion of a process or activity within established procedures.
- Provide input and analysis into the continuous improvement of business processes and procedures within the scope of the work team, and participate in the planning, testing and implementation of projects and new/ revised products/ services or processes.
- Provide on-the-job assistance and training to others, as requested.
Risk & Control
- Escalate issues that require resolution by more senior team members, as per guidelines.
- Identify potential risk situations/ impacts, and make recommendations or escalate to the manager.
- Review transactions and requests for compliance with regulatory and Bank requirements, as required.
- Monitor production logs and schedules to ensure key controls are followed and exceptions are actively pursued; escalate to the manager as appropriate.
- Provide information for regulatory reporting and audit queries.
- Ensure all appropriate authorizations/ approvals are obtained in accordance with policies and controls.
- Ensure adherence to all aspects of FirstPrinciples, Our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Corporate Policy, as well as all applicable legislation, regulatory rules and requirements, and Bank standards, policies and procedures (P&Ps) for such things as potential conflicts of interest, safeguarding of customer information, trading in securities, anti-money laundering, privacy and disclosure of outside business activities.
- Ensure strict confidentiality is maintained for both customer and Bank information to protect the customer and the Bank and to ensure compliance with Bank P&Ps.
- Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence in accordance with Bank policy for the prevention of loss due to such things as fraud or defalcation.
Business Performance Management
- Monitor service delivery performance, production processes and quality, providing reports to the manager for the purpose of optimizing operational effectiveness.
- Deliver exceptional customer service that builds trust through responsive, accurate, consistent, knowledgeable and available services and support.
- Align individual performance goals to team and organizational goals.
- Demonstrate behaviours that are consistent with “Our Way” model and aligned with BMO values.
- University degree/college diploma or equivalent work experience
- 2 to 3 years of related experience
- Good knowledge of standard desktop applications used by the business unit
- Good knowledge and understanding of the business unit ’ s key products and services, processes and controls
- Good understanding of the business unit ’ s risk and regulatory requirements
- Good knowledge of departmental systems and applications
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good investigation skills
- Good prioritization skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good customer service and relationship management skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.