Grow your career in the Wealth Industry in a challenging support role that is pivotal to helping our clients achieve their success while also ensuring our internal operational activities are highly efficient and organized.
Do you have a passion for operational excellence? Interested in being a direct contributor to a growing team? As a Senior Sales Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the branch and Chairman’s Council Investment Advisor (IA) team in achieving business objectives of profitability, and market share. You will be a key player ensuring client needs are met or exceeded. You will have the opportunity to have a multi-faceted compensation package.
BMO’s vision is to be the bank that defines great customer experience. Our clients are front and center in everything we do. After all, money is personal, and a bank should be too. We’re people first and bankers second – and we care about our employees, our clients and the people in our communities.
Whether you’re starting out in your career or looking for a challenge, BMO offers a range of possibilities to help you achieve your very best. You’ll get to know our business quickly, your ideas will be heard and your potential will always be recognized. Join BMO and be part of a company changing how people think of banking, with big goals and bigger dreams, and get opportunities to grow your career and your financial future.
Business Delivery and Operational Effectiveness
- Support the IAs sales and service objectives by delivering service initiatives to the IAs clients which includes, but is not limited to, determining appropriate communication/service regarding all aspects of investing Identify gaps, issues and best practices through monitoring of sales and service performance targets against plans
- Contribute to the IAs business objectives by building and maintaining client relationships through client acquisition both from internal (within existing book of business i.e. referrals) and external sources (through marketing initiatives) Contribute to the IAs business objectives by ensuring that the book of business is continuously developing, including client meetings
- Ensure client needs are met or exceeded by resolving complaints in a timely and effective manner
- Ensure client needs are met or exceeded by discussing services offered by BMO Nesbitt Burns in detail, with a strong sense of appropriate product and service
- Project a professional and consistent image by adhering to organizations brand, corporate identity and standards
Risk Management and Controls
- Ensure compliance regulations are adhered to
- Ensure proper adherence to all aspects of First Principles Our Code of Conduct and Ethics Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence for the prevention of loss due to fraud, counterfeiting, money laundering or defalcation in accordance with Bank policy
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced knowledge of investment process and procedures. Proactively and professionally provides assistance to IA(s) in order to meet client needs Advanced knowledge of administrative process and procedures as contained in Sales Administration Manual Advance knowledge of proprietary products and services in order to identify potential products and services to client needs and advising IA(s)Knowledge of compliance practices and regulations
- Knowledge of Insurance and group products
- Knowledge of Trust and Estate services
- Knowledge of Financial/Retirement planning
- Monitoring client Gateway activities
- Interpreting Morning Star and Research Reports and/or working with Mutual Fund research to analyze mutual funds holdings/portfoliosIA(s) business strategy
- Knowledge of Navi Plan Financial Planning
- Client relationships
- University degree or equivalent industry experience
- Computer literacy
- Previous Nesbitt Burns experience would be considered an asset, in particular familiarity with Salesforce, RIS, and Charles River.
- CSC and CPH
- Current registration as an Investment Representative (IR) willing to become a Registered Representative (RR)
- Minimum 3 - 5 years related work experience
- Professional Financial Planning (PFP) must be completed prior to 30th month of RR license
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.