The Senior Relationship Manager, Business Development, Agriculture and Agri-Business, Corporate Finance Division is accountable to directly generate sales with new clients (75-80%) and coordinate BMO agricultural brand and position in the market place (20-25%).
Based on an in-depth understanding of the Western Canada agricultural market, this role is accountable for sourcing new and profitable agricultural and agri-business opportunities, increasing market share in agricultural sector, increase market presence and visibility at key agricultural events, and develop/maintain an effective internal and external network for further revenue generation.
This role will develop and execute a 1-2 years sales plan to significantly expand the Bank’s market share and revenue base in the upper mid market agricultural segment through the acquisition of profitable clients and participation in agricultural events. The Senior Relationship Manager is accountable to develop and effective internal and external network for successful opportunities and to co-ordinate new on-boarded client relationships to Agricultural Relationship Managers for further revenue generation.
The Senior Relationship Manager, Business Development, Agricultural and Agri-Business will provide high level sales coverage to the market for Corporate Finance Division primary Senior Debt, Asset Based Lending, BMO Capital Corporation and Cash Management product lines as well as coverage for other BMO capabilities. The role is to be able to provide Western Canada Agricultural market insight together with remaining current with business, economic trends and forecasts for key sub agricultural sub sectors.
Business Delivery and Operational Effectiveness:
- Lead the development, implementation, review and revision of 1 – 2 year Sales Plan, focusing on identifying opportunities that will strengthen and build existing profitable relationships and obtain new sales that will result in meeting or exceeding revenue and service targets.
- Be informed on all applicable Provincial and Federal issues and up-dates which will affect the agricultural sector.
Sales and Service
- Be highly visible in the marketplace to proactively, and with a long-term focus (i.e. 12 – 24 months), develop an internal and external network of sources to identify sales opportunities, including financial professionals & consultants.
- Speak knowledgably to clients and industry experts on relevant agricultural topics.
- Strategize with Managing Director & Agricultural Sector Head to host marketing initiatives and seminars in partnership with CFD and Business Bank partners.
- Coordinate CFD participation in Agri Events in Western Canada in collaboration with the Business Banking
- Work in collaboration with Treasury & Payment Solutions, Business Banking and Capital Markets to ensure all areas of the Bank are delivered to the client.
- Work as part of the deal team on new client acquisitions; establish a working relationship with key decision makers, seamlessly assuming accountability for risk and relationship management of the client into the assigned portfolio when appropriate.
- Apply resourceful business development and relationship management skills and sales/service principles, practices and techniques, to support the achievement of target level revenues through the sale of customized commercial/senior debt products and services
- Leverage technology and profitability tools to identify & refer sales opportunities to ensure optimal effectiveness in the profitable delivery of Commercial products and services
- Review and monitor revenue, profitability and service performance against plan, identify gaps, address accordingly and share best practices
- Manage a 1 – 2 year Sales Plan focusing on identifying opportunities that will result in meeting or exceeding revenue and new business targets.
- Work with the Managing Director & Agricultural Sector Head, the Business Bank and Treasury & Payment Solutions in the overall BMO Agricultural strategy and plan, as appropriate.
- Develop and co-ordinate individual relationship planning, implementation and review activities with key BMO partner groups (Treasury & Payment Solutions, Capital Markets and other LOBs) identifying opportunities to ensure client’s needs and expectations are profitably met and/or exceeded.
- Review market pricing in assigned markets environment and develop an action plan to provide competitive proposals, and update Managing Director & Agricultural Sector Head on any changes that may impact the Business Plan
- Protect the Bank’s assets and maintain portfolio quality by adhering to Commercial lending processes, policies & procedures, legal and ethical requirements and regulations, audit requirements, and established risk guidelines. Ensure all aspects of Corporate Finance business is in conformity with Bank Policies and prescribed guidelines
- Ensure that accurate comprehensive investigation; analysis and due diligence is conducted in the documentation of acceptable transactions sourced for adjudication under the Commercial Lending Process.
- Manage risk and minimize losses by ensuring compliance requirements, audits, and verifications are completed in accordance with Bank Policies & Procedures and all legal, regulatory and ethical requirements
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of Commercial products, processes, and relevant legal, regulatory and technology requirements through audits and quality checks, to ensure decisions are adequately documented, and clearly communicated.
- Exercise individually held Commercial unilateral discretionary limits, ensuring credit decisions and recommendations are in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with the Bank’s policies and related procedures completing analysis; confirming security valuations; completing and under Commercial Lending Policy.
- Initiate engagement of Managing Director & Agricultural Sector Head and Credit early in the process when significant deteriorating trends are evident, working with them to engage other BMO specialty roles &/or SAMU, as appropriate to ensure Bank assets are adequately protected
- Adhere to Know Your Client Rules and Bank Policies & Procedures for the prevention of loss due to fraud, counterfeiting, money laundering, or defalcation; identify and report suspicious and other reportable transactions or patterns of activity that are suspected to be related to money laundering
SKILLED KNOWLEDGE AND ROLE REQUIREMENTS :
- Business Acumen In-depth
- Business Valuation Working
- Conflict Management & Resolution In-depth
- Environmental Understanding In-depth
- Financial Understanding In-depth
- Negotiation In-depth
- Problem Solving In-depth
- Relationship Management In-depth
- Risk Management In-depth
- Sales & Service Processes In-depth
- Minimum of 5-7 years of financial services industry experience in a corporate lending environment with solid achievements in developing business.
- Credit Adjudication Experience
- Credit Qualifications Required
- In-depth understanding of Commercial Products, Commercial Lending Process, Commercial Lending Directive, supporting processes and technology
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and networkbuilding opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.