BMO Financial Group has restructured its core systems around a new shared service called the SmartCore Connector Grid. We are assembling a new top talent team of motivated IT professionals to support the Connector Grid and its underlying TIBCO Software family of products. If you are an experienced professional with a background in any of these technologies and are looking for challenging career change then we would like to hear from you.
As a Senior Production Database Analyst/Administrator you will be acting as a lead database analyst for a team constructing and maintaining the BMO Smartcore Database environments and its associated technologies. This position will involve 24/7 on-call production support. The focus of this position is the planning, implementation and maintenance of both Oracle and DB2 database environments supporting the Smartcore service based TIBCO Software products. A strong background in designing and supporting production Oracle and DB2 databases in high volume transactional systems in LINUX environment would be a valuable starting point.
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma in Computer Science and/or 5+ years technical/application or production support
- Possesses solid understanding of design and analysis methodology and application development processes
- Possesses solid knowledge of Oracle databases (11i, RAC and Dataguard) used in high availability transactional systems
- Possesses solid knowledge of DB2 used in high availability transactional systems
- Demonstrates solid understanding of ITIL and Capability Maturity Model (CMMI) processes
- Knowledge of TIBCO Software products or equivalent technologies an asset
- Must be able to install, patch, upgrade, customize, troubleshoot and administer software within these environments.
- Strong technical writing capabilities; must be able to provide technical documentation to other teams (i.e. support documents, build guides, checklists).
- Must possess a strong technical aptitude with expertise in database administration and general knowledge of IT support (i.e. Systems Administration, Networking, Storage, Hardware, Performance, Middleware)
- Strong focus on delivering results with a proven track record of meeting committed dates
- Exhibits solid analytic ability for complex problem solving
- Possesses solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Is able to handle multiple priorities
- Able to work collaboratively, and able to use team sharing tools (i.e. SharePoint, CVS).
- Strong technical writing capabilities; must be able to provide technical documentation to other teams (i.e. support and operations documents, build guides, checklists).
BMO Financial Group thanks all applicants. We advise only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com/ .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.