The Senior .NET Developer is accountable for the overall design, development, implementation and maintenance of web applications supporting operations within Sales Force Analytics & Optimization team in line with Canadian Personal & Business Banking business objectives.
The successful candidate will combine both business and technology acumen to work with technology project managers, developers, data analysts, solution architects, engineering/architecture teams, testing teams, business teams and delivery teams from various groups within BMO. The position requires a self-starter with strong .net application development skills, and proven experience designing and delivering complex technology solutions.
• Takes ownership of existing web applications for debugging and maintenance, and accesses impact of design decisions to come up with alternate/creative solutions for optimization and enhancement
• Participates in the planning, estimating, development, testing and implementation of initiatives of any size and any level of complexity to meet the functional and non-functional requirements of new applications
• Continuously involved in process and application improvement opportunities to improve the reliability and extensibility of the application and to improve the overall Service Level Agreement (SLA).
• Participates in project and team meetings interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments when appropriate, to provide a developer’s perspective in the meetings and to contribute to the timely delivery, design, and quality of various work artifacts adhering to business standards
• Gather and document project and process requirements
• Work proactively and collaboratively with technical and non-technical business partners
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• 3-5 years of experience designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining .NET applications
• Strong web development skills in C#, VB.NET, ASP.Net, web forms, MVC.
• Experience in database technologies such as Oracle and SQL Server with SQL and Linq query experience is an asset
• Knowledge in relational database in design, programming and functionality is an asset
• Exhibits expert understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) (including emerging trends in DevOps and Agile), Quality Assurance requirements, and software development control and release procedures
• Demonstrates expert knowledge of design and analysis methodology and application development processes
• Possesses solid analytical skills for complex problem solving. Is able to manage multiple priorities.
• Is able adapt and quickly develop in-depth technical understanding of new/different applications.
• Demonstrates solid organizational skills.
• Exhibits solid communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Possesses expert understanding of relevant technologies.
• The initiative and drive to find solutions and see assignments through to completion
• Technical acumen and a willingness and desire to learn new processes and tools
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related area is preferred.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.