BMO is embarking on a major effort to transform our customer experience around digital channels with a prime focus on mobile capabilities. To enable this, we are looking for technology innovators and thought-leaders to join our software team to develop our next generation of mobile banking solutions.
We offer a progressive and exciting work environment using some of the latest technologies and modern software development practices along with attractive career opportunities, competitive compensation and a fun workplace. If you have a passion for new technology and innovation and have a background in user experience (UX) design and/or mobile development, we would love to meet with you.
About the Opportunity:
- As member of the mobile banking software team, focused on Self Service Channel applications, you will be part of defining the future of mobile banking applications for use by our customers. You will be using the latest technologies and design concepts. Passion and customer-focus are as integral to your success as your technical skills and experience.
- Design and solution hybrid mobile applications with some native components connecting to enterprise systems
- Serve as mobile technical specialist for Agile project teams
- Lead and guide mobile application developers on the overall solution and technical challenges
- Provide thought leadership in planning, estimation, development, testing and implementation of initiatives of any size and any level of complexity to meet the functional and non-functional requirements of the application
- Provides coaching and guidance to team members
- Liaises and solutions with third party vendors, to ensure the integration of their products/solution meets our business and application requirements.
- Remains with current and emerging mobile technologies including devices, mobile platforms (ie. iOS and Android), mobile application development methodologies and associated vendor products
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- University degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in the IT industry
Strong knowledge and practical experience in:
- Angular 2 +, React JS, or Vue.JS
- HTML5, CSS3, SASS, ECMAScript 6
- REST/JSON services
- Redux, RxJs, and NgRx
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good collaboration and multi-tasking capabilities
- Strong leadership and communication skills
Highly valued but not absolutely required:
- Experience in Mobile Hybrid application development Cordova, Ionic, React Native, or other web app/hybrid application frameworks
- Experience in iOS and Android Development technologies (Xcode, Android Studio, Eclipse)
- Hands-on experience with application deployment to respective platform marketplaces (Apple App Store, Google Play)
- Mobile debugging and troubleshooting techniques
- Knowledge of mobile app Security Best Practices
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.