Reporting to the Senior Manager, North American Personal Banking Marketing Strategy, the Senior Marketing Strategy Manager will help define the strategy, delivery and optimization of all major programs; ultimately, creating the strategic marketing roadmap for Personal Banking in Canada & the U.S.
The Senior Marketing Strategy Manager will lead the development of new strategic marketing initiatives in support of growth objectives and differentiation for Personal Banking. This individual will be responsible for keeping a close pulse of the market environment, including trends in consumer behavior, technology, and the financial services industry. This knowledge and insight will be applied to identify opportunities for transformation & innovation, and how best to leverage these opportunities to BMO’s advantage over the next several years.
Leveraging this knowledge and market perspective, this individual will be responsible for establishing and managing a strategic plan, as well as leading the cross-functional, cross-business unit implementation of identified strategies.
- 60%: Marketing Strategy Development
- 30%: Lead execution of strategic initiatives (collaborating with Lines of Business, Vendors, T&O, etc.)
- 10%: Marketing Intelligence and Analysis
- 5+ years of experience in a management consulting (internal or external)
- Interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong relationships at every level of the organization
- Strong written and oral presentation skills and presence
- Strong technical ability with PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Can effectively manage ambiguity, creating structure and defining opportunities across various lines of business
- Customer champion with the in n ate practice of thinking through the full customer journey to create the best customer experience
- Well-developed project & time management skills
- Razor sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Minimum of undergraduate degree in marketing, business, commerce, or a related discipline; MBA preferred
- Be a strategic expert and consult on initiatives that improve performance of Personal Banking marketing campaigns & activity with a holistic perspective anchored on design thinking and innovation
- Communicate key insights and relevant facts effectively to different audiences, including crafting comprehensive and compelling narratives and proposals with a keen eye for strategic positioning.
- Lead and proactively participate in strategic brainstorming discussions with the goal of not just developing recommendations, but to build a strategic framework that will result in decision making.
- Ability to facilitate ideation sessions and continuously inspire new ways of thinking
- Develop PowerPoint presentations that influence and build comprehensive business cases that help secure alignment and move business initiatives forward
- Support the annual marketing planning process for the Personal & Business Banking and Channels Marketing team, coordinating closely with the Enterprise/Integrated Marketing Planning team
- Continuously improve marketing team operations through thought leadership and best practice implementation
- Work with the analytics & research teams to obtain actionable insights, validate hypotheses and refine concepts
- Lead implementation of the strategy and roadmap by leveraging change management skills to ensure alignment and engagement of partners to achieve objectives
- Project the pipeline of strategic initiatives being executed by marketing partners; keep the process robust .
- Report results and outcomes of the strategy to partners and executive councils
Marketing Intelligence and Analytics
- Develop a hub of marketing insights and research; act as a go-to person for any requirements from LOBs to execute research
- Monitor best practices and competitor activities, both locally & globally as well as across industries, to understand trends, forecast developments, and identify potential solutions for growth and innovation
- Experience in developing marketing or customer strategies; managing strategic initiatives from concept to execution
- Knowledge or experience of a variety of marketing disciplines, including brand strategy, acquisition & loyalty marketing, customer relationship management programs, digital marketing, data-driven or direct marketing, marketing analytics, advertising, and market research
- Experience effectively managing internal and external partners, following up on performance and making effective decisions on value of tactics
- Experience operating with Agile & design thinking approaches and methodologies
- Financial industry knowledge/experience also beneficial
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Marketing & Advertising
Marketing & Strategy-X000072