The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for driving customer customer growth strategies for all products and services for Newcomers to Canada, Students and the Canadian Defence Community Banking (CDCB) Program, helping the bank achieve its financial objectives.
Working closely with partners, the team is accountable for developing marketing strategies, plans and tactics for acquiring new customers in these segments and increasing customer loyalty & engagement. This includes identifying priority customer growth segments, reviewing customer value propositions and identifying value-creation opportunities (e.g., new campaigns, partnerships, capabilities). These strategies may include both short-term tactical changes, as well as longer-term transformational changes.
The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for identifying growth opportunities, leading strategic initiatives, as well as managing the execution of targeted customer campaigns and initiatives to grow customer base, develop strong customer relationships, and build program awareness within the Defence community, student hubs and settlement areas.
Marketing planning – 30%
- Develop the annual marketing plan
- Develop strategy for targeted marketing campaigns, ensuring they are on brand and support overall organizational strategy
- Identify opportunities and new strategies within this segment to drive awareness and business growth
Initiative/campaign execution – 50%
- Lead implementation of the strategy by leveraging change management skills to ensure alignment and engagement of partners to achieve objectives
- Present and communicate campaign ideas, strategy and plans to stakeholders to secure engagement and support
- Manage day-to-day requirements to deliver campaigns, including planning/delivery, budget allocation, copywriting, media planning, stakeholder reviews/approvals, translation, launch, fulfillment
- Work with Business Partners to develop internal communications plans to drive employee engagement and support of campaigns
- Report results and outcomes of the strategy to partners, executives and executive councils
- Tightly manage deliverables over multiple projects and timelines across multiple resource groups
Budget Management – 5%
- Manage marketing budget allocated for each segment group
- Provide reporting on spend to date and status against plan on regular basis
Risk Management & Control – 5%
- Work with Legal and Compliance teams to ensure consumer-facing materials are compliant with current rules and regulations.
- Manage audit requirements: ensure appropriate approvals are documented.
People Leadership – 10%
- Manage one direct report (Marketing Manager)
- Conduct performance management activities including objective setting and performance assessments
- Develop talent through ongoing coaching, as well as development and career planning
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in developing strategies and managing marketing initiatives and campaigns from concept to execution, typically gained from at least 5-7 years of experience in a marketing strategy and/or management, customer strategy, product management, or consulting type role
- Experience working with a variety of marketing disciplines, including customer relationship management programs, digital marketing, marketing analytics, advertising using proprietary channels and market research
- Experience effectively managing agency partners, internal creative and digital teams to deliver on marketing initiatives and evaluate effectiveness of champaigns
- working knowledge of digital technologies, standards, and best practices, including marketing automation, data management platforms, media and site targeting/personalization, tagging, tracking and content delivery
- Minimum of undergraduate degree in marketing, business, commerce, or a related discipline
- Marketing experience within a larger corporation
- Financial industry knowledge/experience also beneficial
- You’ve got razor sharp analytical and problem-solving skills – you can cut through layers of noise and ask the right questions to identify relevant information, define root issues, and find creative & elegant solutions
- You’re a proven change agent with demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate effectively with stakeholders & partners across levels of seniority and business groups
- You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable and can effectively manage ambiguity, creating structure for yourself and your teams to push forward
- You have a strong understanding of content – you’re able to write copy yourself, but understand how messaging shifts between channels and audiences
- You have excellent project & time management skills. You can keep teams and partners on track to deliver
- You’re a strong communicator (in person and in writing) and are highly effective at articulating strategy & presenting results to inform decisions and optimizations; familiarity with building and sharing regular KPI reports and experience with data visualization tools are a plus
- You’re outcome-oriented and want to see your work have an impact. You love numbers and financial calculations don’t faze you.
- You care about your team and define your success by the success of others
- You push the boundaries – looking beyond the short-term in maximizing growth opportunities
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.