Under the direction of the Operations Manager, this role is responsible contributing to an Estate & Insurance Advisor (EIA) team with the goal of growing overall insurance sales.
Business Delivery and Operational Effectiveness
- S upport the EIA’s sales and service objectives by delivering service initiatives to the EIA’s clients and business partners
- Identify gaps, issues and best practices through monitoring of sales and service performance targets against plans
- Contribute to the EIA’s business objectives by building and maintaining relationships with clients and business partners through client acquisition both from internal (within existing book of business i.e. referrals) and external sources (through marketing initiatives)
- Contribute to the EIA’s business objectives by ensuring that the book of business is continuously developing
- Ensure client needs are met or exceeded by resolving complaints in a timely and effective manner
- E nsure client needs are met or exceeded by discussing services offered by BMO Nesbitt Burns in detail, with a strong sense of appropriate product and service
- P r oject a professional and consistent image by adhering to organization’s brand, corporate identity and standards
Risk Management & Controls
- E nsure compliance regulations are adhered to
- E nsure proper adherence to all aspects of First Principles Our Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence for the prevention of loss due to fraud, counterfeiting, money laundering or defalcation in accordance with Bank policy
- University degree or equivalent industry experience
- Proficient computer literacy
- Life License Qualification Program Licensing strongly preferred
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of related Life Insurance industry work experience
- A d v anced knowledge of investment process and procedures. Proactively and professionally provides assistance to EIAs in order to meet client needs
- A d v anced knowledge of administrative process and procedures as outlined in BMO NBFSI Policies
- A d v ance knowledge of life insurance and investment products
- K nowledge of compliance practices and regulations
- K nowledge of Insurance and group products
- K nowledge of Trust and Estate services
- K nowledge of Financial/Retirement planning
- EIA(s) business strategy
- K nowledge of Ageman
- Client relationships
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.