The Everyday Banking Lifecycle Marketing team is responsible for driving profitable primary customer growth strategies for chequing & savings accounts, as well as associated services, helping the bank achieve its financial objectives.
Working closely with partners, the team is accountable for developing marketing strategies, plans and tactics for creating primary relationships and increasing customer loyalty & engagement. This includes partnering across the organization to deliver early tenure onboarding programs, customer engagement, lifecycle management and retention initiatives. These strategies may include both short-term tactical changes, as well as longer-term transformational changes.
The Senior Manager is responsible for identifying growth opportunities, leading strategic initiatives, as well as managing the execution of customer lifecycle campaigns and initiatives, to ultimately develop better customer relationships. This includes shaping the strategy and executing on campaigns and projects that are focused on customer engagement, deepening share or wallet/revenue, loyalty & retention, proactive attrition mitigation and regulatory communications.
Marketing planning – 60%
- Drive the development the annual marketing plan alongside our other marketing teams, data and product partners as it pertains to EDB Lifecycle Management
- Develop strategy for marketing campaigns, ensuring they are on brand and support overall organizational strategy to improve net customer growth by reducing attrition
- Identify opportunities and new strategies to drive customer growth for Everyday Banking
- Drive the development of business cases to support decision-making and obtain approval to execute new programs
Initiative/campaign execution – 20%
- Lead implementation of the strategy and roadmap by leveraging change management skills to ensure alignment and engagement of partners to achieve objectives
- Present and communicate campaign ideas, strategy and plans to stakeholders to secure engagement and support
- Report results and outcomes of the strategy to partners, executives and executive councils
- Tightly manage deliverables over multiple projects and timelines across multiple resource groups
Risk Management & Control – 5%
- Oversee relationship with Legal and Compliance teams to ensure all operations are within the banks risk tolerance. And compliant with current rules and regulations.
- Manage audit requirements: ensure appropriate approvals are documented.
People Leadership – 15%
- Manage two direct reports (Senior Marketing Manager & Marketing Manager)
- Conduct performance management activities including objective setting and performance assessments
- Develop talent through ongoing coaching, as well as development and career planning
- Exceptional strategic thinker, with experience in developing strategies and managing marketing initiatives and campaigns from concept to execution, typically gained from at least 7 years of experience in a marketing strategy and/or management, customer strategy, product management, or consulting role
- Experience working with a variety of marketing disciplines, including customer relationship management programs, digital marketing (with an emphasis on email marketing), data-driven or direct marketing, marketing analytics, advertising using proprietary channels and market research
- Experience effectively managing agency partners, and internal creative and digital teams to deliver on marketing initiatives and evaluate effectiveness of campaigns
- Working knowledge of digital technologies, standards, and best practices, including marketing automation, data management platforms, media and site targeting/personalization, tagging, tracking and content delivery
- Minimum of undergraduate degree in marketing, business, commerce, or a related discipline. MBA preferred.
- Financial industry knowledge/experience beneficial
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong results orientation and ability to deliver.
- Proven change agent with demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate effectively with stakeholders & partners across levels of seniority and business group
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.