As a member of the Wealth Management Technology team, you will be leading a team of development professionals in Toronto where you will be responsible for the development and support of the systems supporting BMO Private Bank Canada, Enterprise Wealth Planning, Private Client Division, and Personal & Commercial Canada.
The Senior Manager Application Software Development is accountable for managing the analysis, design, development, implementation, and support of applications in Canada to ensure and maintain alignment with the requirements and strategies.
Accountable for the on-time, on-budget completion of project deliverables, adhering to standards such as Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), International Organization for Standardization (ISO), and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
Significant leadership opportunity to work directly with US and Canadian Business partners and engage in delivering technology solutions and support.
Diverse aspects for the role, including Business partner relationship management, solution strategy and implementation, project financials, risk management, people management.
• Identifies opportunities and provides recommendations by communicating complex technical strategies and design to Senior Management. For example, this may involve creating a common framework or enforcing business rules dynamically using a database driven approach, or changing an application from client server to a web based application, which ultimately will contribute to improved efficiency, cost reduction, application stability, accessibility, etc.
- Provides solutions to complex technical issues to ensure the optimal solution is recommended to the Technology Head, Technology Relationship Manager (TRM), and clients.
- Takes a consultative approach with strong relationship building ability, coordination, and strategy development.
- Prioritizes and coordinates development team activities for multiple initiatives of varying complexity in order to meet client demands while maintaining defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and technical stewardship over platform applications.
- Leads the selection process of required development, testing, and implementation tools, involving input from relevant development support groups and, if required, Enterprise Architecture, in order to provide the final tool selection recommendation to the Technology Head.
- Liaises with third party vendors to understand and validate the vendor technical architectures to ensure they are aligned with the Enterprise standards or, at minimum, are well understood by employees and have the necessary approvals from governing bodies within the Enterprise.
- Leads project and team meetings, interacting, and collaborating with team members and other departments, when appropriate to define accountabilities, communicate the status of work items, and discuss barriers to the delivery of work.
- Contributes to the overall development of strategy surrounding the Global Asset Management group.
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma in applied technologies and/or 10+ years of experience working in state-of-the-art technology environments primarily in financial services
- Experienced in leading development teams of FTEs + on-shore/off-shore resources through the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of software applications.
- Have had experience as a developer in your career.
- Experience with client server technologies such as .NET and Java.
- Experienced in vendor management and software contract negotiations
- Experience with Request for Proposals (RFP), developing contracts (Master Service Agreements), Service Level Agreements (SLA), and Statement of Work (SOW).
- Experience with forecasting projects/ project financing.
- Experienced in managing project financials, risk and people management.
- Experience running systems and multi-million dollar projects.
- Wealth Planning and Investment Management business knowledge (very nice to have).
- Possesses expert communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrates expert leadership/people management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects high in complexity and of strategic importance.
- Is capable of analyzing & resolving diverse, complex and ambiguous issues and situations.
- Is able to manage change.
- Is able to work independently.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.