The Big Data Developer Specialist in the Data & Analytics group is accountable for the analysis, design, development, qc, implementation and support of the Enterprise Big Data Platform.
Some Specific Functions of this Role:
- Writes high quality and well-documented code according to accepted standards based on user requirements
- Participates in project and team meetings interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments as appropriate
- Contributes to successful completion of project deliverables
- Contribute to all phases of SDLC Analysis, Design, Development, QC, Implementation and Production Support
- Contribute to the QA process and testing activities
- Analyze technical problems for senior management, development teams, and business partners in order to identify the technical approach and solution options for the given problem; this includes collaborating with project teams to resolve technical road-blocks, performing solution proof-of-concept (POC).
- Participate in planning and estimation activities
- Provides technical guidance and support to other team members
- Provides some support for production and non-production environments
Knowledge and Skills:
- Possesses solid analytical skills, and creative thinking for complex problem solving
- Solid analysis and programming experience with Object Oriented programming
- Solid understanding of SDLC processes (Waterfall, Agile)
- Able to manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time
- Thorough knowledge of design and analysis methodology and application development processes
- Self-starter, ability to adapt and quickly develop in-depth technical understanding of new/different applications
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal
- Good understanding and strong interest of emerging technologies, and Big Data
- Strong prioritization skills
- Strong customer service and relationship management skills
- Strong conflict management/ resolution skills
- Strong teamwork and team leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills covering a wide range of challenges which are independent and distinct
- Proven experience building and maintaining client relationships
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or related field with 5+ years of experience
- Solid understanding of design and development of applications. Experience in Agile SCRUM is a plus
- Strong experience with SQL, Stored Procedures and Database Development
- Strong experience in data warehouse
- Strong experience in code optimization for maximum performance
- Experience with multiple mainstream programming languages such as Java, Shell, Python, SCALA
- Experience with Hadoop and Open-Source technologies (MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Flume, etc…)
- Solid knowledge of distributed computing
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.