Success at BMO is driven by our focus on customers, effective financial management and risk & control as well as living Being BMO every day. The following statements for customer, financial, risk and change/improve apply to every job.
- Creates & operates stable, optimized, and efficient solutions in consideration of the customer experience and business strategies.
- Embraces and works effectively in a strong customer-centric team-oriented environment
- Meets our financial objectives
- Runs an efficient and effective technology function which uses common assets, reduces ongoing costs and increases service level performance (applies to the Technology function only)
- Promotes a strong risk management culture
- Establishes appropriate mitigating controls and assesses the effectiveness of these controls
- Continuously learns and makes changes that improve personal and team effectiveness
- Makes recommendations to improve BMO processes and systems
Provides analysis and reporting services in support of LOB and Enterprise
Liaises with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities and recommends solutions to enable the organization to meet its goals. Builds exceptional relationships with business partners and T&O colleagues. Analyzes data and creates documents and plans in service of informing, advising, or updating stakeholders. Ensures the requirements map to a real business need, are approved by all relevant stakeholders, and meets essential quality standards. Participates in reviews or inspections, in collaboration with the project team, to ensure the quality of work products.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly & annual financial performance analysis within BMO’s Technology and Operations Line of Business.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis to provided valuable financial/ performance insights to Technology teams including T&O Finance.
- Prepare reports and management presentations for executive level review.
- Work with the Divisional Finance teams, Business Management teams and Lead Finance officers to ensure delivery of high quality summaries and analysis for executive review of financial performance.
- Responsible to develop/sustain and improve monthly, quarterly and annual processes for reporting, including ensuring integrity and quality of information
- Provide financial information for ad-hoc reports and analysis to assist in the investigation of miscellaneous issues and the support of strategic objectives and decision making
- Participate with LOBs in benchmarking and other efficiency evaluation exercises
- Develop relationship with LOB and in other areas of BMO Financial Group
- Prepare process documentation, Excel data analysis and PowerPoint reporting material.
- Gathers requirements and documents these requirements for use within the project life cycle.
- Assists in the preparation of end-user materials.
- Anticipates and reduces complexity for others.
- Liaises with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities, and recommends solutions to enable the organization to meet its goals
- Analyzes data and creates documents and plans in service of informing, advising, or updating stakeholders
- Ensures the requirements map to a real business need, are approved by all relevant stakeholders, and meets essential quality standards
- Works with project stakeholders to validate their requirements and analysis models via techniques such as reviews and walkthroughs.
- Participates in reviews or inspections, in collaboration with the project team, to ensure the quality of work products.
- Maintains existing requirements to ensure that current state needs are known.
- Develops and implements data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Interprets data, analyzes results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Recommends approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes in the organization to improve overall efficiency
- Supports the execution of key improvement initiatives using data-driven insights to deliver positive financial and customer outcomes.
- Develops, recommends, and employs productivity aids in all aspects of assignments to accelerate delivery.
- Understands the scope of complexity that exists across business value, technology, and interaction models.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability at BMO, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning
- Participate in technology, audit, risk, and compliance forums and provide compliance subject matter expertise as required
Knowledge and Skills:
Generally 3-5 years of work experience in IT or business environment and/or B.S./B.A. in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
Possesses analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
Demonstrates data analysis skills creating summary reports from large data sets
Strong communication skills; verbal, written and presentation
Excellent organization skills, including the ability to multi-task and handle the
Strong excel and data manipulation experience required
Financial Services/Banking industry/Technology experience an asset
Familiar with business assessment tools (feasibility studies, business cases and/or cost/benefit, project sizing/costing, and current state analysis/needs assessments)
Demonstrates writing and documentation skills.
Demonstrate influence skills to get the information/action required from internal business partners
Understands and can explain to others the core processes involved in their area of support
Remains alert to new techniques for insights, analytics, and data visualization, and thinks about new ways of applying them.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.