The Director is accountable for reaching prescribed targets by selling and executing on opportunities relating to the full suite of BMOCP’s products and services to fulfill client expectations ensuring continued growth of the BMOCP subordinated/mezzanine debt and private equity investments portfolio. To that effect, the Director assists the Managing Director in executing new transactions as well as portfolio management tasks for funds managed directly by BMOCP. Primary responsibilities include taking the lead in all aspects of preliminary assessment of investment opportunities, conducting due diligence investigations and analysis, preparation of investment recommendations, legal documentation, disbursement of funds as well as day to day maintenance of files and financial monitoring of investments in BMOCP's subordinated/mezzanine debt and equity portfolio.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual with a commitment to excellence with extensive financial analysis and due diligence capabilities in a mid-market private equity context to join the Toronto based team of investment professionals.
The following qualifications are a must:
- 5 to 10 years of related business experience (corporate finance, M&A, Investment Banking, private equity, project financing); strong familiarity with structuring and executing leveraged lending / acquisition financing transactions;
- Working knowledge of shareholders agreements and subordinated credit agreements and ancillary documentation;
- Excellent financial statement analysis and multi-year forecast modelling skills applied to transactional context; Ability both to perform detailed financial analysis / due diligence and coach more junior personnel on same;
- Proficiency in the use of Excel™, PowerPoint™and Word™;
- Excellent time management, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently on a number of concurrent transactions with limited direction;
- University Degree in business/accounting/finance;
- Ability to function in a multiple member deal team context, sharing skills and resources as well as working autonomously.
The following qualifications will be considered an asset:
- CPA, CMA , CBV, MBA or CFA designation;
BMO Financial Group thanks all applicants. We advise only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and networkbuilding opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.