Deployment Shared Services Section Manager manages a team of system administrators responsible for design, develop, implement, maintain and support shared services across Deployment Services in order to meet project objectives, schedules, large scale initiatives and deliveries using automation as primary mode of delivery maintaining service level requirements.
In addition, the manager is responsible for providing direction/planning for Bank use of infrastructure and Deployment technology.
The Section Manager III (SMIII) is responsible for providing leadership and guidance in the day to day management of people and processes and automated approach within the team to meet key service level deliveries and implementation schedules for the most complex and critical applications/technologies. The SMIII acts as a primary contact for DevOps management/executive in the joint development and implementation of department specific strategies and/or major project deliverables by providing specific leadership relative to their area(s) of expertise. The SMIII translates the DevOps strategic plans into concrete deliverables that can be implemented and deployed within their line of business.
- Accountable to ensure we meet service level agreements for all shared services and application deliverables and inter-application link connectivity to ensure service availability objectives are achieved
- Partners with DevOps/TD management to ensure effective development and execution of key deliverables that meet productivity, quality service and business plan goals
- Manages day-to-day leadership direction and coaching for all staff to ensure quality and maintaining a high level of productivity
- Verifies that all management type of administration is administered fairly, professionally, and in a timely manner
- Analyzes and reviews daily practices, processes, and documentation to ensure that all audit exposures and business requirements are dealt with and resolved
- Verifies adherence to unit/departmental policies and procedures by all team members
- Acts as the escalation and resolution point for critical service issues, bringing recurring situations to the Director/DevOps executive’s attention as needed.
- Proactively develops strategies and objectives specific to relative area(s) of expertise and assists the Director in developing overall departmental strategies (both shorter and longer term).
- Understands department/DevOps/enterprise strategies and supports the Director/DevOps executive in developing specific plans to ensure systems/processes applicable to their platform remain current in order to provide superior services to clients/business units Maintains an awareness and understanding of relevant industry trends, best IT practices and issues, and their potential impact, and formulate an appropriate direction, where required
- As a key technical resource/advisor, takes a lead role in projects/task forces in support of major and most critical LOB/enterprise initiatives.
- Evaluates proposals and provides input to the capital plan and technology strategies
- Evaluates fiscal financial plans and responsible for managing budget expenses
- Key areas of focus include assessing costs, workload tracking, and resource management
- Verifies cost effectiveness of all activities and continuously seeks productivity and cost reduction initiatives
- Demonstrates Our Way values at all times
- Oversees the implementation of all Human Resources programs and initiatives, consistent with the general directions and strategies provided at the enterprise and divisional levels, including:
- Annual Employee Survey
- PPA Process
- Development Plans Process
- Rewards and Recognition
- Understands and follows security processes and understands how they apply to this role
- Contributes to BMO Financial Group’s overall business results by making recommendations that significantly improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma in Computer Science or equivalent work experience, and/or 10+ years experience in an IT environment and 7+ years of management experience
- Understands DevOps/automated toolchain and advocates automation of deployments and support
- Demonstrates expert technical knowledge of related IT technologies/Database platforms, and solid/advanced understanding of other BMO technologies
- Maintains advanced knowledge of current IT industry standards and trends
- Displays advanced knowledge of the T&O organization
- Exhibits advanced knowledge of Bank’s policies, procedures and methodologies
- Previous experience in managing remote/offshore workforce with external vendors
- Possesses expert communication skills, both written and verbal
- Possesses advanced leadership and influencing skills
- Possesses advanced facilitation and conflict management skills
- Demonstrates advanced people management and negotiation skills
- Displays expert decision making and analytical skills
- Is able to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Is able to motivate and influence team members, establish priorities and set project direction
- Illustrates advanced business acumen
- Is self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Manage great stakeholder relationships
- Highly automation focus
- Possesses advanced skills in managing and optimizing an Operations-focused team and framework
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.