The group developed the technology for the first Blockchain bond Issuance in Canada. We consistently rank among the leaders in the industry in developing innovative technology and software tools. They are instrumental in providing expertise both internally and to large institutional clients and are the key to enhancing the firm's reputation in the industry.
The successful candidate will work on applications designed for the financial markets. The candidate will primarily help design client facing technology and analytics tools, as well as tools for internal training and sales professionals.
This position provides a unique opportunity to work on one of the largest trading floors on Bay Street. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on leading edge analytic/financial tools and to expand his/her knowledge of financial markets.
Key Area of Focus
- Blockchain development
- Machine learning
- Full stack development
- Working with Big Data
- Development of state of the art analytics tools
- Development of high-performance computing (HPC) solutions
Please provide transcript/GPA along with your resume.
- Knowledge of NodeJS, Python, Redis is a plus
- Strong SQL background
- Familiar with front end frameworks (Angular, React, Vue)
- Experience with C#, Python, Java would be an asset
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree
- Strong academic record (Dean’s list or equivalent) and extracurricular achievement;
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of financial markets; with knowledge of quantitative trading as an asset
- General knowledge of financial strategy / accounting / economic / capital management principles/ analysis;
- Excellent research and analytical skills;
- Detail and results orientated;
- Strong work ethic;
- High level of integrity;
- Ability to attentively review, assess and provide detailed information daily on multiple projects in an organized manner;
- Excellent capacity to independently function as part of a team through self -motivation;
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong quantitative/statistical background
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and networkbuilding opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.