About Global Information & Technology Risk Management (GITRM)
Global Information & Technology Risk Management (GITRM) is a division of BMO that combines Information Security, Information Management and Technology Risk into a comprehensive department. GITRM’s mandate is to provide sound governance and guidance on information and technology risk, as well as to provide critical services central to protecting the Bank against cyber threats.
GITRM (Business) PMO is accountable to execute on these critical services and solutions while operating securely in an increasingly connected global environment.
The Project Coordinator is accountable for supporting the effective management and control of projects by acting in various roles such as team leader, project coordinator, and project administrator on small to large projects. Under the direction of a Project Manager or Program Manager, the Project Coordinator acts principally in the areas of Project Planning, Project Monitoring and Control, and Integrated Project Management.
Act as the point of escalation on administrative matters and operating requirements. Analyze and resolve more complex issues efficiently and effectively in accordance with Bank and industry standards. Recommend/implement process and project improvements.
- Support the manager and/or project managers to ensure effective project management and controls by performing activities such as monthly reporting, invoice management, monitoring and administration.
- Assist in the planning, preparation, and maintenance of project team schedules, documents work plan updates, maintains project issues logs and databases, estimates activity duration and risks, to meet BMO standards. Escalate early warning signs and deviations from the plan to the project manager.
- Assist in monitoring project costs, forecasts and updating the project plans
- Participate in the development of project documentation drafts and updates, as well as creates and consolidate project reports, in order to monitor and control project management processes and project deliverables.
- Recommend changes to project planning, monitoring and control processes as necessary to facilitate project delivery
- Maintain Project/Program repository
- Track resources across different job disciplines, ensure appropriate security controls are in place for staff joining and/or leaving the project
- Track and monitor action items, issues, and risks
- Assist in the daily management of vendor relations in order to maintain good working relationships
- Coordinate Risk Assessment preparation
- Perform various project administration tasks, including coordinating meetings, taking meeting minutes, forwarding communication releases, and performing maintenance of project tracking logs (i.e., issues, change control, etc.) in order to satisfy project management processes
- Escalate issues (i.e.-funding, resource capacity, availability) to the Senior Project Manager/Program Manager based on project priorities
- Recommend changes to project costs and forecasts based on data accessed through project tracking.
- Identify inconsistencies and gaps within project portfolio actuals and forecasts and escalate as appropriate
- Maintain strong control of project info related to multiple project linkages
- Identify and prepare requests required for changes to systems and/or processes
- Investigate project systems/process-related problems/inquiries and recommend solutions.
- University degree/college diploma, preferably in business or technology
- 3 to 5 years of related experience
- Good knowledge of the systems development life cycle, and associated methodology as exhibited by 1-2 years experience of direct experience as a team leader in a systems development environment at BMO or equivalent industry experience
- Undertaking of internal Project Manager Accreditation Program Level 1, or industry equivalent
- Working knowledge of the BMO organization and proficiency in the use of standard tools (e.g. MS Office) and methodologies as achieved through direct BMO experience or equivalent industry experience
- Knowledge of the technical environment.
- Solid organizational skills
- Solid service and relationship management skills
- Good teamwork skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid computer literacy, with ability to leverage technology associated with job
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate courage and willingness to challenge when needed
- Solid prioritization skills
- Solid attention to detail
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.