The Professional Development Coordinator is a pivotal role that incorporates the curation and delivery of learning and development programs for the US Commercial Bank. This role will assist the NA Professional Development team in achieving its business mandate of delivering efficient, consistent, cost-effective and exceptional quality curriculums and programming for all NA Commercial professionals including the oversight of all operational and logistical activities associated with program delivery. Coordinator will be engaged in the design, development, and program management of effective learning and professional development programs for LOB segment strategy, executions, quality and impact. This role will partner and support the LOB segments, Professional Development Director, and learning partners to assess client needs, develop the learning strategy, design program and identify delivery methods including the identification of innovative learning methodology. This role has a strong internal consulting focus on the disciplines of leadership, sales, credit, risk and intake. Position supports the LOB, to lead the development of innovative learning strategies for LOB segment.
- Support the Director and learning partners in identifying both short and long term innovative learning strategies /solutions for LOB Segment
- Manage internal IFL shared service realtionships to maximize resoure planning / web solutions and delivery management
- Work with Director and Learning Partners to deliver programming to support performance development in key roles and design specific learning solutions to address LOB needs
- Coordinate with Learning Partners, LOB, HR Business Partners, admin staff, and other stakeholders to deliver efficient and sustainable learning strategies and manage all operational activities for all “run rate” learning
- Support learning partners in the design and development of learning curriculum.
- Support Learning Partners and Director with coordination and management of third party vendors and IFL for contractual management and invoicing
- Keep informed on the work of peer groups within the IFL and other LOB with the objective to potentially leverage work, share thoughts, gather feedback, ensure relevance of assigned portfolio and create efficiencies within the IFL team
Curriculum Design & Development
- Be a strategic partner who applies knowledge of business practices and processes to identify longer-term and innovative curriculum for all key roles in the LOB
- Identify innovative learning opportunities and programs that would encompass the identified employee audience
- Support the team to design, develop, and implement programs that support the five key areas of focus: leadership, credit sales, risk and intake.
- Assist the team to design and develop tailored learning solutions based on line of business objectives / needs
- Accountable for partnering with the business to design measurable sustainment strategies for all programs
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry leading learning solutions to support the business objectives
- Operational delivery planning and coordination for all internal NA Commercial learning curriculum as well as NA Commercial professional development programs (includes course material coordination, participant management, cohort coordination, on site logistics coordination, delivery and management )
- Critically analyze internal processes to ensure sustainability and efficiency of learning delivery
- Develop and maintain partnership with other stakeholders to ensure delivery and programming is aligned with the overall BMO enterprise requirements
- Manage NA Commercial Learning platform and data analysis for learning trends
- Utilizing basic project management practices, oversee delivery project activities to ensure deadlines are met and learning solutions are delivered as scheduled
- Develop effective project plans to facilitate the building of learning programs and curriculum to close gaps identified
- Provide day to day management of assigned projects to ensure objectives are met within the negotiated timeframe, resourcing allocated and project budget
- Compiles data and analyzes development requirements in the preparation of budgets and business cases for project approvals
- Collaborate internally with partners in LOB, Human Resources, admin teams, IFL, BMOFG/Enterprise and externally with vendors/suppliers to design relevant, business initiative supporting programs, to be delivered through various channels
- Collaborates with peers to investigate, recommend and / or implement changes to the learning process models, strategies and business process
Knowledge & Skills
- Undergraduate University Degree or equivalent management experience
- Adult/workplace learning experience
- Experience working in a Project Management envrionment
- In-depth understanding of the BMO organization
- Change Management skills
- Proven diagnostic and issue resolution capability
- Expert relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task on projects varying in complexity and of strategic importance to clients and the enterprise
- Excellent knowledge to leverage the company’s intranet and Internet knowledge bases to create unique learning capabilities
- Understanding of adult learning theory, instructional methodologies, technology-enabled design and learning methods
- Ability to quickly understand the value and application of new development tools
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively and work closely with clients, vendors, application developers, development managers, product analysts, product managers, technical writers, curriculum developers and facilitators
- Proficiency in Word, Powerpoint, Excel prefer available at 7:30am on days of classroom delivery
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all, inclusive of Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Persons with Disabilities.