Working closely with Product Manager, Segregated Funds, Director, Annuity Solutions and other BMO resources, the Product Specialist, Segregated Funds plays a supportive role in developing new product components and upgrading existing product components including regulatory filings, fund profiles and in-take forms, product specifications, overviews, sales promotion and disclosure material. The incumbent will also work closely with Technology and Investment Funds Group (Operations) to support and document end-to-end business process support for segregated investment fund products.
This position requires developing subject matter expertise in investment funds and plays a supportive role in delivering the competitive products and sales support required to successfully build BMO Insurance’s business and its reputation for competitive, quality products with independent insurance and financial advisors across Canada.
While this position principally supports segregated funds, the incumbent may also be assigned to projects under the Annuity Solutions and Sales Technology mandate.
- Play a supportive role on multi-disciplinary product development teams to develop product specifications and requirements and the end-to-end business process to support the introduction of new products and product enhancements
- Help manage third party relationships required to support products and services (BMO Asset Management, mutual fund partners, L&T Infotech)
- Provide support to the Product Manager, Segregated Funds co-ordinating work with Legal & Compliance to develop policy & info folder wording, commission schedules, forms required to support new products and product revisions
- Work with BMO Investments, IFG Fund Accounting, e-Business to update existing and develop new Fund Facts and Fund Profiles supporting segregated funds.
- Assist in developing content for product materials such as product overviews, guides, case studies, email broadcasts and sales presentations for the BMO Insurance and BMO Investments Business Development Team and advisors; ensure that the Wave tree and product marketing library is current and up to date
- Assist in developing client focused financial concepts / solutions using segregated funds
- Assist in obtaining approval (compliance, legal, tax, other) for product marketing and sales presentation material; retain record of all approvals for audit purposes
- Help to respond to product related inquiries from the field
Knowledge and Skills
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business, marketing or related discipline
- Industry experience with 2-3 years or more in a product or sales management role
- Working knowledge of financial services and consumer financial needs
- Good working knowledge of the insurance or investment management business, financial concepts
- Good working knowledge of marketing and promotion to independent distribution networks
- Project Management (Developing)
- Analytical Thinking (Working)
- Communication skills (Working)
- Problem Solving skills (Working)
- Business Numeracy (Working)
- Influence Skills (Working)
- Business acumen (Working)
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Insurance & Assurance
BMO Wealth Management-X005000