The Senior Manager - DevOps is accountable for managing the support activities within the DevOps tools and SDLC Department. The mandate includes the responsibility for the Enterprise wide DevOps tools and that processes are established and continuously improved in order to support the production of software that satisfy the Enterprise’s needs and user requirements.
- Identifies opportunities and provides recommendations by communicating complex technical strategies and design to senior management. For example, this may involve creating a common framework or enforcing business rules dynamically using a database driven approach, or changing an application from client server to a web based application, which ultimately will contribute to improved efficiency, cost reduction, application stability, accessibility, et cet Determines improvement opportunities on deployed tools and practices and assists with the piloting and training of the Development Groups on software development methodologies in order to meet organizational quality goals
- Liaises with third party vendors to understand and validate the vendor technical architectures to ensure they are aligned with the Enterprise standards or, at minimum, are well understood by employees and have the necessary approvals from governing bodies within the Enterprise
- Ensures that suitable operational mechanisms are in place so that process improvement recommendations can be properly processed and implemented, when appropriate
- Identifies strategic directions and opportunities for DevOps tools and practices to the SDLC to support the development groups and senior management
- Researches sources (e.g., the Internet, conferences, conversions with other people, etc.) in order to maintain awareness of industry standards, processes, and tools
- Maintains communication with senior management, regarding the processes being used and the products being built in the software Development Groups, in order to provide findings/makes recommendations that result from the analysis of opportunities
- Provides managerial leadership to employees, which includes assigning tasks or work, holding regular two-way meetings, setting context, conducting performance evaluations, mentoring, and coaching, in order to create and maintain a high-performing team. The Senior Manager is accountable for the individual performance and development of the staff in his/her team.
Possesses a university degree/college diploma in Computer Science and/or 10+ years software development/Quality Assurance experience Possesses expert understanding of SDLC and Quality Assurance concepts, metrics analysis, methodologies and documentation standards
Exhibits expert understanding and experience in accreditation models (e.g., CMMI and ISO)Completion of internal Quality Assurance Accreditation Program, or industry equivalent (e.g., American Society for Quality [ASQ] and Quality Assurance Institute [QAI]), is considered an asset
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.