- Bachelor of Science degree in a computer science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Hands-on experience with ORACLE AND MS SQL.
- Understanding of database design and development methodology from both an industry and BMO perspective. Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and maintain large ORACLE AND MS SQL databases.
- Good knowledge of the OS (Redhat Linux, Windows) and shell scripting.
- Solid knowledge and practical experience of physical database design, backup recovery best practice/scenarios and security features
- Practical experience with ORACLE AND MS SQL basic features like utilities, S
- QL language, query explain plan, large objects (LOBs), triggers, stored procedures (native SQL and external), user-defined functions.
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Good understanding of business requirements and of relevant and emerging technologies.
- Some experience in Maria and Mongo DB (nice to have).
- Industry certification/professional accreditation (nice to have)
- Experience with banking or other enterprise financial institution (nice to have)
- Solid analytical skills for complex problem solving.
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.