Technology plays a vital role at BMO. Based on our enterprise technology vision, we lead the development and implementation of innovative and cost effective information technology strategies, multiyear investment plans, solutions and operational environments that support and enable BMO lines of business to meet defined strategies. This includes:
• Delivering solutions on time, on budget with engineered designs, quality, costs and operational readiness.
• Running an efficient and effective technology infrastructure and information technology operations which reduces ongoing costs and leverages common assets while delivering increased service level performance.
• Safeguarding our environments, data, intellectual property, and operating within our risk appetite.
The Software Developer will get an understanding of the core business processes, business requirements as well as the architecture patterns and technology strategy (e.g., Transformation, SmartCore, DevOps). You will conceive and write detailed software implementations/code while ensuring that their code/configurations adhere to the security, logging, error handling, and performance standards and non-functional requirements. Through your involvement in the team, you will understand the implications of various components (including technology strategy & architecture) to the overall design of a program, system, or eco-system.
What makes you a great fit?
• Completion of post-secondary education in computer science, engineering, information systems, math, business technology management or a related program
• You have knowledge of software development practices, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience
• You have knowledge of programming languages and can code with little oversight
• You have a good understanding of functional aspects and technical behavior of the underlying operating system, development environment, and deployment practices.
• You have facility with and understanding of the ecosystem that code operates in
What you can expect
Software Developer opportunities are available in our Chicago, Chicagoland area and Wisconsin offices within the following areas of our Technology business group:
• DevOps and Shared Services
• Channels & Partnerships
• Project Management Office
• Corporate & International
• Capital Markets
• Wealth Management
• AI, Data Analytics & Machine Learning
• Personal & Commercial Banking
• IT Operations & Support
• Enterprise Architecture
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all, inclusive of Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Persons with Disabilities.