The function of this role is to manage the technology development, unit testing, implementation and servicing of the organization projects and assigned tasks, along with supporting live internal and external systems. This position is responsible for identifying technology developments that could be helpful while maintaining the estimated hours and duration for the assigned work with great care to quality. This role is responsible for supporting the code development of the department and monitoring development progress and code quality for offshore resources, while ensuring that all the technology in the organization is functioning effectively.
- Proficient communication and documentation skills.
- Proficient time management skills.
- Ability to communicate and work with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively represent the organization and communicate with external parties at varying technical levels.
- Programming proficiency with coding in the following languages: .net, MVC, c#, Java Script, JQuery, APIs, web services and T-SQL.
- Experience with full project life cycle development (requirements analysis, system analysis, data architecture, development supervision, quality control and implementation).
- Experience with agile methodology
- Knowledge in relational database in design, programming and functionality.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Proven team leadership capabilities and offshore management experience.
- Willing to learn new technologies and programming languages.
- 7+ years’ experience as a developer in a fast paced and evolving technology environment.
- College diploma or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Working knowledge with DevOps tools is an asset.
- full stack developer is an asset.
- Experience with Frontend technologies is an asset.
- Experience with PowerBuilder is an asset.
- Experience with VB6 and classic ASP programming is an asset.
- Experience with Oracle or PL/SQL is an asset.
- Experience with JAVA programming is an asset.
This role report to STO (Senior Technology Officer) who is the application manager for the department.
Role Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work on projects from inception to completion in terms facilitating solutions and completing any assigned tasks / responsibility within.
- Develop Solutions including code writing and documentation.
- Perform System Analysis for IT projects
- Decide on development tools and software solutions.
- Develop unit testing automation and work with DevOps tools to automate deployment.
- Create and implement training materials.
- Add and remove responsibilities and duties from assigned offshore staff in order to accomplish project and task goals.
- Make decision about architectural approach and technical solutions.
- Work with offshore developers.
- Understand and support infrastructure and architecture designs.
- Suggest Best Business Practices for IT solutions.
- Perform tasks efficiently to achieve timely deliveries.
- Search for new technologies and approaches.
- Support internal customers.
- Address every issue separately by reviewing requests.
- Complete requirement, technology and system analysis.
- Choose the tool and technology for development.
- Write the algorithm and the code.
- Debug, test and implement new code.
- Receive and prioritize requests.
- Troubleshooting and make system improvements.
- Research new technology.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.