Bilingualism (French & English) required
Position will be based in Quebec or the Atlantic
Permanent full time role
Provide pre-sales, service and administrative support to new Mortgage Specialists (MS) to enable them to originate, build and relationship manage a third party network of referral sources (i.e. realtors) and actively pursue new customers to expand BMO Bank of Montreal’s share of the home financing market. Assist in the data entry of home financing applications and provide accurate and efficient support to ensure satisfactory fulfillment of the application. Where necessary, to contact the customer providing friendly, courteous, professional and knowledge service responding effectively to all queries and requests and where required, making a referral to the employee best able to help. Resolve customer problems/issues effectively and to the customer’s satisfaction, escalating any unresolved issues to the Mortgage Specialist or appropriate individual best able to meet the customer’s needs.
Sales & Service Support
- Assist in data entry and monitoring home financing applications while keeping the Mortgage Specialist aware of any issues related to approval and fulfillment of the application such as re-routes from Consumer Credit for additional information.
- Complete routine credit activities relative to home financing applications, including investigations as appropriate utilizing various bank systems and information sources.
- Liaise with Specialized Sales Credit Support, P&C Product Operations, branch teams and customers to ensure satisfactory completion and/or fulfillment of the home financing application.
- Gather, compile and organize customer information to assist new Mortgage Specialists in developing effective pre-call/appointment plans.
- Prepare documentation for customer referrals and forward to the appropriate BMO partner.
- Provide administrative support to the MS by maintaining a database of third party referrals sources and customers including development and maintenance of a marketing calendar.
- Ensure third party referral sources are kept aware of the latest BMO offers and news including preparing and sending updated rate sheets.
- Update customer information in accordance with Mortgage Specialist direction ensuring employees have access to the status of outstanding customer opportunities, transactions, and problems/issues as required.
- Book customer appointments for the Mortgage Specialist through incoming calls from third party referral sources and potential customers.
- Prepare and distribute thank-you cards for third party referral sources and customers at the direction of the Mortgage Specialist.
- Organize customer appreciation events, seminars and conference calls.
- Maintain and order Mortgage Specialist support materials as required, (e.g. brochures, posters).
- Assist Mortgage Specialists with weekly and monthly sales and marketing plans and provide administrative support to execute the plan.
- Update customer information on Bank systems/files to ensure the integrity of customer information and history.
- Act as “back-up” for other MSAs during vacation or other absences to ensure that a high quality of customer service is maintained.
- Process transactions accurately and within specified timeframes, in accordance with Bank Policies & Procedures and applicable legislative/regulatory requirements, to effectively and efficiently support and sustain exemplary customer sales, service and credit fulfillment.
- Obtain approved home financing applications and documentation from the Mortgage Specialist and work with them to collect Terms and Conditions to forward to MS Fulfillment Centre
- Verify all terms and conditions are obtained, are acceptable and forward to MS Fulfillment Centre to be SR’d in CCAPS
- Contact the Mortgage Specialist where required to discuss any terms and conditions where the documentation provided is unacceptable and/or to obtain any missing documentation.
- Review home financing applications to ensure fields that could impact the Mortgage Specialist’s commission i.e., interest rate, are accurate prior to forwarding documentation to the MS Fulfillment Centre
- Assist in coordinating the closing appointment with the customer and relaying all relevant information to the branch employee to ensure a seamless transition for the customer
Sales & Service
- Provide friendly, courteous, professional and knowledgeable pre-sales service to customers and third party referral sources responding to all queries and requests in a timely fashion.
- Ensure opportunities identified during customer conversations for all personal and commercial banking products including everyday banking, lending, and investment needs are referred to the appropriate BMO partner.
- Respond to customer problems/issues ensuring resolution is completed in a timely manner advising the customer when resolved; keep the customer apprised of the status if unable to resolve the problem/issue within stated timeline.
- Assist Mortgage Specialist in resolving audit and customer issues, ensuring irregularities are corrected, and provide timely, effective problem resolution, escalating any issues per established processes.
- Ensure adherence to all aspects of First Principles our code of Business Conduct and Ethics which deals with individual accountability as it relates to potential conflicts of interest, safeguarding of client information, trading in securities, anti-money laundering, privacy and disclosure of outside business activities
- Act in accordance with regulatory and compliance requirements that include, but are not limited to, Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Reporting requirements, FCAC consumer provision requirements, and Privacy Act provisions in accordance with Bank Policies & Procedures
- Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence in accordance with Bank policy for the prevention of loss due to fraud, robbery, counterfeiting, money laundering or defalcation
- Maintain the confidentiality of both customer and Bank information ensuring compliance with Bank Policies & Procedures
- Understand risks and take appropriate actions as they relate to personal banking, deposit and investment products, including all documentation, and any other requirements to maintain operational integrity
- Protect the Bank’s assets by adhering to all everyday banking, business banking, investment and lending regulations (as appropriate), Policies and Procedures, legal and ethical requirements, process requirements and established risk guidelines.
Knowledge and Skills
- Familiar with BMO products and services, particularly home financing products
- Negotiation Skills
- Strong Relationship Management skills
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Attention to detail
- Technology skills – knowledge of, or ability to learn, CFS, CCAPS, NCCS, MDIF, MECH, other applications as required
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.