The Marketing Manager is accountable to provide input on marketing plans and campaigns as well as execute and implement approved marketing programs and customer communications across multiple channels. The primary segment for this role is Small Business Banking. Marketing execution includes the development of both customer communications and program materials ensuring that communications are clear, accurate and meet all possible internal and external brand requirements. The Marketing Manager may also manage specific marketing programs from strategy, analytics, program development and execution, under the direction of the Sr. Manager. This role is accountable to partner effectively with Personal & Commercial Banking Canada Headquarters and BMO colleagues to execute marketing programs and campaigns.
- Business Delivery & Operations
- Relationship Management
- Risk Management & Control
- Develop, implement and review a plan to complete all assigned tasks in a timely manner to acceptable quality standards.
Business Delivery & Operations
- Develop appropriate business cases to support new marketing programs in support of LOB, leveraging the expertise of internal and external partners as required.
- Develop customer communications to support Marketing programs in accordance with BMO brand standards
- Identify and execute any fulfillment requirements to support integrated marketing campaigns and communications.
- Identify and partner with appropriate BMO colleagues to communicate marketing program information to ensure awareness among front line staff and look for any opportunities for an integrated message based on marketing activities happening across P&C Marketing.
- Manage the execution of marketing programs and initiatives in an effective manner, leveraging partner expertise as required and drive for cost-effective results as well as identifying opportunities for improvements in speed to marketing and overall effectiveness.
- Plan and manage the execution of all customer communications, including the following key activities:
- Prepare creative briefs that meet business objectives and provide essential information and direction for creative development.
- Ensure all material is produced according to deadline.
- Ensure appropriate internal and external approvals are obtained.
- Ensure creative process stays on budget.
- Ensure all communication is consistent to overall brand positioning look and feel as well as compliant with legal/disclosure requirements.
- Assess the impact of marketing programs and communications and recommend enhancements or changes to support better program design across P&C Marketing.
- Track competitive spend and competitive positioning as it relates to small business Marketing communications. Make recommendations to change communications (positioning, spend, vehicles etc.) based on this tracking.
- Build and maintain effective, productive and collaborative relationships with internal and external partners. Influence these partners and leverage their assets to best meet objectives.
- Manage day to day working relationships with internal and external partners and act as marketing and communications subject matter expert as it relates to Business Marketing. Partners include: Legal, Social Media, Digital Media, Product Management, Workforce Effectiveness, Creative Services and external agencies, translators, and suppliers.
Risk Management & Control
- Work with BMO Legal/Compliance team to ensure customer facing materials are compliant with current rules and regulations.
- Manage audit requirements: monitor budget, ensure appropriate approvals are documented.
- University degree (marketing specialization)
- 5-7 years of marketing experience
- 4+ years in marketing for a financial institution is preferred
- Good knowledge of BMO channels (traditional and acquisition channels) and implications to marketing programs and communications is preferred
- Strong knowledge of both digital and social media channels.
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Excellent integrated marketing communication and planning skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- In-depth strategic, change management communication and creative assessment skills
- Technical marketing skills including marketing communications, social media strategy, digital advertising and execution
- Ability to interact at the senior levels of the organization
- Ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.