The Marketing Manager, Personal &Business Banking Digital will be accountable for leading the strategic & tactical planning/development of digital acquisition campaigns for Small Business segment across all related products (Deposit, Credit Card, Lending) and partners (Moneris, ADP). As a line of business digital lead, the role will champion digital programs end-to-end from inception through launch and develop over-arching programmatic strategy across all channels to meet the acquisition goals with a holistic view on the customer. Bringing tactical plans to life, ability to evaluate & optimize towards performance is essential to succeed as we continuously drive innovation through test & learn. Reporting to the Senior Manager, the successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Assistant Manager, paid channel leads, Business Banking marketing team and cross-functional teams (SEO, Digital Channels Marketing - bmo.com, Personalization, Creative Services), as well as external partners to manage all aspects of the digital activities.
20% A. Planning Support
- Build annual/monthly target forecast & tactical priorities for all channels in alignment with the business goals
- Lead the development, implementation, review and revision of fiscal year work plan
- Review progress to plans, and develop, communicate, and actively participate in the implementation of actions
- necessary to correct internal and external issues. Escalate significant issues as necessary.
20% B. Marketing & Digital Insight
- Understand the digital experience and how it applies to each product portfolio from all business aspects, including
- competitive position, market position, customer journey and channel requirements to inform positioning and enhancing the digital experience on external positioning and communication requirements.
- Leverage external publications, trade publications and other sources of information to be informed about marketing in general and for digital marketing environment.
- Stay abreast of innovative marketing and digital approaches related to external and internal communication, and continually push the envelope to ensure BMO employs and leverages all opportunities to present our message and offer in the most compelling and engaging way.
- Document and understand the Canadian marketplace, including impacts of the US and other foreign competitors entering Canada. Using market knowledge, customer information, and analytics tools, assess customer needs and make recommendations for how to improve overall business results.
- Measure and analyze the effectiveness and impact of project communication deliverables, identifying opportunities for improvements and leverage the knowledge in development of future project communications deliverables.
- Evaluate executed programs holistically across all aspects (channels, message, offer, competition, etc.) and drive shareable insights.
- Contribute to the change agenda of Customer Communications & Marketing.
40% C. Coordination of Campaign Development
- Provide digital support for campaigns including budgeting, target setting, and messaging as part of integrated campaigns developed for the product portfolio. Consider strategy relevance through research of competitive spend and awareness levels. Recommend changes as required.
- Manage the execution of digital marketing campaigns for all channels - SEM, Social, Display, Affiliates.
- Maintain all channels according to the industry standards and best practices.
- Develop DMP/marketing tech integration roadmap and execute through cross-channel/team collaboration.
- Lead and coordinate the execution of communications, including the following key activities
- Preparation of creative briefs that meet business objectives and provide essential information and direction for creative development.
- Ensure all material is produced according to deadline and spec, on budget. Ensure appropriate internal and external approvals are obtained.
- Ensure all communication is consistent to the brand guideline in compliant with legal requirements.
10% D. Relationship Management
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external partners. Influence the partners in order to
- build the brand, enhance communication programs and take advantage of synergies.
- Represent the digital experience in any discussions about the external advertising requirements in partnership with
- Corporate Marketing and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
10% E. Risk Management and Control
- Monitor marketing communications to ensure adherence to standards of third party brands and compliance with legal, privacy, legislative and association regulations.
- Provide budget information to the line of business marketing to facilitate an overall view of marketing spend.
- Ensure all required authorizations and approvals are obtained for the execution of promotional advertising campaigns.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Marketing & Advertising
Marketing & Strategy-X000072