T he North American Banking Experience Marketing team is responsible for helping the bank achieve its objectives by shaping the future of the banking experience and how customers interact with BMO. The scope of the team’s work includes digital touchpoints, such as the mobile banking app, as well as physical interactions at a branch or ATM.
The team plays an integral role in designing, delivering, and promoting a leading omni-channel customer experience, as well as influencing the mindset & behaviour of customers to take full advantage of that experience, using the right channels for the right needs.
Working collaboratively with partners, the team is accountable for developing & executing marketing strategies, plans and tactics to:
- Strategically promote our capabilities & experience in both our digital banking platforms as well as our physical network, and
- Drive customer adoption of, and continued engagement with, self-serve channels for day-to-day transactions
To accomplish this, the team identifies priority customer segments, reviews customer value propositions and identifies value-creation opportunities (e.g., new campaigns, partnerships, capabilities). Work plans may include both short-term tactical changes, as well as longer-term transformational changes.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for supporting growth for the U.S. Digital Banking Experience business team through the efficient and flawless execution of marketing strategies and tactics that will drive measurable results. The focus of this role will be on the execution of marketing campaigns and initiatives that drive the objectives of the digital banking experience business, including digital engagement, promoting the digital experience, and educating customers on digital security capabilities & best practices.
Initiative/campaign execution – 90%
- Provide support and input into defining the strategy of individual campaigns, including establishing a learning agenda and testing plan
- Manage day-to-day requirements to deliver campaigns on time with flawless execution, including planning/delivery, developing targeting/segmentation & data requirements, managing agencies to develop creative & media plans, managing stakeholder reviews/approvals & translation, incentive fulfillment
- Develop and manage internal communications plans to drive employee engagement and manage change support of campaigns, particularly with front-line branch & sales teams
- Track results and outcomes of initiatives to reporting to partners, executives and executive councils
- Critically review assets and provide feedback
- Superb stakeholder management skills
Risk Management & Control – 5%
- Work with Legal and Compliance teams to ensure consumer-facing materials are compliant with current rules and regulations
- Manage audit requirements: ensure appropriate approvals are documented
- Work with brand team for approvals
Marketing planning – 5%
- Provide support and input in developing initiative level marketing plans and briefs
- Conduct research to support the planning process, including competitive intelligence, consumer insights, market trends, and other elements
- Monitor industry best practices and competitor activities related to financial services marketing & customer experience
- Experience in executing marketing initiatives and campaigns, ideally gained from 5-8 years of experience in a marketing or campaign management type role
- Exposure to a variety of marketing disciplines, including digital marketing, customer relationship management (CRM) programs, email marketing, data-driven or direct marketing, marketing analytics, digital & traditional advertising, marketing automation, and market research
- Experience effectively managing agency partners, digital media networks and agencies, following up on performance and making effective decisions on value of tactics
- Strong working knowledge of digital technologies, standards, and best practices, including marketing automation, data management platforms, media and site targeting/personalization, tagging, tracking and content delivery
- Minimum of undergraduate degree in marketing, business, commerce, or a related discipline
- Experience within a larger corporation, advertising agency and/or with a sales force, operating in an Agile environment would be advantageous
- Financial industry knowledge/experience and PMP designation also beneficial
- You’re outcome-oriented and want to see your work have an impact. You love numbers and financial calculations don’t faze you.
- You’ve got razor sharp analytical and problem-solving skills – you can cut through layers of noise, ask the right questions to identify relevant information, crisply define root issues, and find creative & elegant solutions
- You’re on the ball, all the time, with well-developed project & time management skills. You can keep teams and partners on track to deliver and are able to personally manage high work volumes while maintaining a high standard of executional excellence and attention to detail
- You’re a strong communicator (in person and in writing) and are highly effective at articulating key points to inform & influence decisions
- You’re an organizational navigator with solid relationship management skills and a demonstrated ability to consult, influence, and collaborate effectively with colleagues, stakeholders & partners across levels of seniority and business groups
- You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable and can effectively manage ambiguity, creating structure for yourself and your teams to push forward
- You care about the teams you’re on and define your success by the success of others
- Critical outlook based on marketing experience
- Operates well in a team as well as individually
- Experience working with remote teams would be beneficial
- Advanced presentation skills given exposure to senior stakeholders
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all, inclusive of Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Persons with Disabilities.