This marketing team is responsible for developing marketing strategies, plans and tactics for driving growth on Home Financing products. This includes identifying priority customer growth segments, reviewing customer and product value propositions and identifying value-creation opportunities (e.g., new campaigns, partnerships, capabilities). These strategies may include both short-term tactical changes, as well as longer-term transformational changes.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for supporting the growth of the Home Financing business through the execution of strategies and tactics that will drive measurable results, with specific accountability for driving new mortgage originations. The focus of this role will be on managing the execution of products and customer acquisition campaigns and initiatives.
Marketing planning – 10%
- Support development of the annual marketing plan
- Conduct research to support the planning process, including competitive intelligence, consumer insights, market trends, and best practices
- Develop business cases to support decision-making and obtain approval to execute new programs
Campaign & initiative execution – 80%
- Drive acquisition new customers by developing and executing effective tactical marketing communication plans across multiple channels effectively and efficiently
- Manage day-to-day requirements to deliver campaigns & initiatives, including planning/delivery, copywriting, stakeholder reviews/approvals, translation, launch, fulfillment
- Manage stakeholder engagement by socializing details of initiatives to relevant partners in order to ensure alignment and availability of required resources
- Support development of internal communications plans to drive engagement and support of campaigns to broader operational employee base
- Work closely with our Digital Acquisition team, providing insight, guidance and learnings to support development of digital marketing plans
- Manage content and updates for key product documents, including the public website product pages and brochures, ensuring effectiveness in conversion and accuracy
- Report results and outcomes of initiatives to partners, executives and councils
Budget Management – 5%
- Manage marketing budget allocated for acquisition
- Provide reporting on spend to date and status against plan on regular basis
Risk Management & Control – 5%
- Work with Legal and Compliance teams to ensure consumer-facing materials are compliant with current rules and regulations.
- Manage audit requirements: ensure appropriate approvals are documented.
Knowledge and Skills
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, business, commerce, or a related discipline
- Experience in developing strategies and managing marketing initiatives and campaigns from concept to execution, typically gained from 3-5 years of experience in a marketing, communications, or project management role
- Experience working with a variety of marketing disciplines, including digital, direct, analytics, promotional, experiential or event-based, advertising, merchandising, and market research
- Specific experience or understanding of digital marketing, including website management, analytics & optimization; search engine marketing; digital display media advertising; content and social media marketing
- Experience effectively managing agency partners, digital media networks and agencies, following up on performance and making effective decisions on value of placements
- Familiarity with building and sharing regular KPI reports using proprietary methods and external tools (ex. Google Analytics, DCM, AdWords) and other BI and data visualization tools is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of Internet and mobile technologies, standards and best practices, including media and site targeting, tagging, tracking and content delivery
- Tracking customer behaviour trends and using insights to help inform campaign strategy
- Marketing experience within a larger corporation and/or with a sales force would be advantageous
- Well-developed campaign or project management skills, including the ability to effectively manage ambiguity and solve problems creatively
- Superior time management and multi-tasking skills – must be able to manage high work volumes while maintaining a high standard of executional excellence and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills – ability to identify relevant information and define root issues
- Excellent relationship management skills with demonstrated ability to consult, influence, and collaborate effectively with colleagues across levels of seniority and business groups
- Numerate and comfortable with financial calculations
- Ability to cleanly package reporting, insights and next steps across campaign and project initiatives
- Commitment to excellence in execution with keen attention to detail
- Results-oriented, driven and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently, and collaboratively with teams that have diverse skills, knowledge, and educational backgrounds
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.