Under the direction of the Branch Operations Manager and the Senior IA, this role is responsible for partnering with the IA teams in developing and building the business through profitability, market share and NPS.
The primary accountability of this role is to invoke trust and build strong client relationships, determine individual investment needs and provide professional, customized advice to ensure clients financial goals are met.
Incumbents are also responsible developing long term relationships with investors based on our commitment to provide the best available investment advice and an exceptional client experience.
Depending on the IA/AIA business relationship, a Marketing Associate/AIA may be responsible for building a profitable business and attaining net new assets in partnership with a Senior IA.
Business Delivery and Operational Effectiveness:
- Daily outbound cold calls
- Weekly meetings with BMO Business Banking Partners in Gatineau region
- Weekly meetings with community partners (ex: Notaries, Law firms, real estate brokers)
- Development of Mortgage Specialists in Gatineau Region
- Networking with Accountants, engineers and health professionals.
- Develop business through IAs existing clients by using proactive selling and marketing techniques, including but not limited to telemarketing, networking, seminars and community involvement
- Meet business objectives by actively engaging in business development activities thereby ensuring growth of the book and maintaining effective client relationships
- Partner with IAs to develop and meet sales and service objectives by delivering service initiatives to clients which includes, but is not limited to, working independently on behalf of an assigned Senior IA(s) by analyzing the client book and identifying potential business opportunities
- Promote and integrate the use of technology to enhance team efficiency
- Identify gaps, issues and best practices through monitoring of sales and service performance targets against plans Manage the relationship with clients at the initial stage of developing and implementing their financial strategy using effective communication skills and thorough understanding of investment concepts Ensure customer needs are met or exceeded
- Project a professional and consistent image by adhering to organizations brand, corporate identity and standards
- Execute business priorities in a rapidly changing environment and focus on longer term priorities despite long term business plan strategies being unclear
Risk Management and Controls:
- Ensure compliance regulations are adhered to Ensure proper adherence to all aspects of First Principles Our Code of Conduct and Ethics Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence for the prevention of loss due to fraud, counterfeiting, money laundering or defalcation in accordance with Bank policy
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced knowledge of investment process and procedures. Proactively and professionally provides assistance to IA(s) in order to meet client needs, develop and execute business strategy and business planning
- Capable of acting independently with defined client segments on behalf of IA(s) to implement and manage wealth management strategies
- Knowledge of portfolio construction and management
- Knowledge of Insurance and group products in order to know when to refer clients to insurance or group specialist
- Knowledge of Derivative Products
- Knowledge of Financial Planning in order to assist clients
- Knowledge of Bank products and services leading to the ability to make client referrals, as necessary
- Ability to identify appropriate funds based on client needs
- Ability to monitor and identify potential business opportunities from Gateway
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of client needs by segmentation
- Ability to fully utilize financial planning resources such as Navi Plan Financial Planning, Divisional Financial Planner, Financial Planning Bureau and Deal Team with both existing and new clients
- Proactive business development and sales skills
- Strong business and community network of a diverse group of potential clients, particularly in rural markets
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to a wide variety of individuals
- Expert use of retail/PCD technology to maximize team efficiency Advanced knowledge of administrative process and procedures as contained in Sales Administration Manual
- University degree or equivalent industry experience
- Computer literacy
- CSC and CPH (asset)
- Minimum 5+ years related work experience
- Associate Investment Advisor Training Level 1 (asset)
- Registration as Registered Representative (RR) (asset)
- Wealth Advisory 101/201Navi Plan Financial Planning (asset)
- 12 hours compliance training over a 3 year cycle to meet mandatory IDA Continuing Education Program requirements
- 30 hours of professional development or product knowledge training over a 3 year cycle to meet mandatory IDA Continuing Education Program requirements
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Financial Planning & Advisory
BMO Wealth Management-X005000