Under the direction of the Branch Operations Manager, this role is responsible for servicing the existing client base and expanding the business growth potential of the Investment Advisor (IA) team and the branch through increasing the potential client base. This role is also responsible for the coordination of all client events for existing and potential clients.
- Support the Investment Advisor (IA) sales and service objectives by delivering service initiatives to the IA’s clients which includes, but is not limited to, review of reports, follow-up on client inquiries and requests to ensure appropriate account maintenance
- Assist advisor with sales/marketing campaigns, prospect sourcing and development
- Ensure client needs are met or exceeded
- Project a professional and consistent image by adhering to organization’s brand, corporate identity and standards
- Liaise with various departments for execution of client requests and problem solving and other branch duties as assigned
- Ensure compliance regulations are adhered to
- Ensure proper adherence to all aspects of First Principles Our Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence for the prevention of loss due to fraud, counterfeiting, money laundering or defalcation in accordance with Bank policy
- Basic / intermediate knowledge of investment process and procedures.
- Proactively and professionally provides assistance to IA(s) in order to meet client needs and IA(s) expectations
- Strong knowledge of administrative process and procedures
- Develop knowledge of proprietary products and services, and fund company offerings
- Develop knowledge of compliance rules (proprietary and industry
- Develop fixed income and money market product knowledge
Risk Management and Controls
Ensure compliance regulations are adhered to Ensure proper adherence to all aspects of First Principles Our Code of Conduct and Ethics Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence for the prevention of loss due to fraud, counterfeiting, money laundering or defalcation in accordance with Bank policy
Knowledge and Skills
- Basic/intermediate knowledge of investment process and procedures Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills including: MS Office, Windows based contact manager, website design.
- Candidate should have some knowledge of investment markets and a desire to work towards a career in investment management
- Computer literate
- Basic knowledge of the investment/security industry
- Prior customer service experience
- Ability to stay current and thrive in a changing environment
- High School Diploma
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course and CPH would be an asset
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.