This role is a full time, permanent role located at 302 Bay St. Toronto. The Lead Application Software Developer is accountable for leading projects through the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of applications to ensure and/or maintain alignment with the Lines of Business (LOBs) strategies.
- Leads in the planning, estimating, design, development, and implementation of initiatives of any size and any level of complexity to meet the functional and non-functional requirements of the application
- Designs solutions, writes code, performs unit testing, develops appropriate artifacts / documentation, and facilitates final delivery
- Leads and participates in project and team meetings interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments, when appropriate, to provide a developer’s perspective in the meetings and to contribute to the timely delivery, design, and quality of various work artifacts adhering to SDLC standards
- Liaises with third party vendors, when appropriate, to ensure that the integration of third party products and existing applications and systems is practical and feasible given the underlining technologies
- Supports production issues, including independently complete root-cause analysis and diagnosis
- Conducts detailed code-reviews and provides feedback in a constructive manner
- Provides coaching and guidance to team members and helps improve overall effectiveness by sharing and adopting best practices and lessons learned
- Leads process and application improvement opportunities to improve the reliability and extensibility of the application and to improve the overall Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Brings out the best in people and loves brainstorming, winning, and having fun
- Be at the forefront of Technology’s transformation and be a leader in transforming the bank’s culture and toolsets and deliver unified digital experience
- Make a positive impact in the communities where you live and work. BMO has a rich history in giving back to communities through its annual Employee Giving Campaigns, Days of Caring, and Volunteer Days
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma in Computer Science/Applied Technologies and 5+ years systems analysis and programming experience
- Possesses expert knowledge of design and analysis methodology and application development processes
- Demonstrates expert understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and software development control and release management procedures
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, leadership skills, organizational skills, able to manage multiple priorities independently
- Demonstrated experience interacting directly with business users and familiarity translating business requirements into technology
- Demonstrated experienced working with onshore and offshore teams
- Demonstrated experience working with third party vendors
- Demonstrated experience working on large projects with multiple teams involved
- Able to work with minimal supervision and has the passion to deliver results
- Ability to adapt and quickly develop in-depth technical understanding of new/different applications
- Ability to extrapolate when troubleshooting new technology
- Object-oriented Analysis & Design, UML, Design Patterns
- .NET Framework 4.5+ (ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#, MVC, ADO.NET)
- Visual Studio 2015
- Web and windows form applications
- Web services and WCF
- SQL Server 2012+
- Sharepoint 2013
- Windows 7, Windows Servers 2012/2008, IIS 7/8, Linux
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com/ .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.