Corporate Treasury is tasked with finding the best ways for BMO to deploy its financial resources within the parameters of regulatory guidelines as well as the Enterprise’s own risk appetite. The Treasury function plays a key role in the management of the bank’s liquidity, funding, capital, and allocation of financial resources to align with the bank’s overall strategy and to ensure the bank is resilient in its ability to carry out its activities. Treasury teams are strategically focused, have a collaborative nature and possess strong problem solving skills.
Liquidity and Funding Management is accountable for the measurement, analysis, and oversight of the Bank’s internal and regulatory liquidity and funding risks that arise from global business activities. The individual will work closely with senior management and will partner with businesses to develop a solid understanding of strategies across a large number of retail, commercial and trading activities. Their in-depth product, market and regulatory knowledge will be leveraged to help provide guidance on liquidity and funding risk mitigation, product development, and optimization.
The Director role is a highly specialized position with a focus on stress testing and analytics. This role is responsible for building and directing a highly engaged team responsible for the strategic development of the bank’s liquidity and funding risk framework, including risk assessment, measurement, and limit methodologies developed through cross-departmental collaboration.
- Development and maintenance of advanced models and assumptions used to understand and quantify the Bank’s liquidity and funding risk exposures
- Recommend risk mitigation strategies to help optimize balance sheet performance
- Lead implementing the Bank’s liquidity and funding risk measurement and reporting infrastructure
- Subject matter expert for the Bank on liquidity and funding matters inherent in Recovery and Resolution Planning
- Identify and recommend actions and best practices to Senior Executives based on market trends or regulatory developments to ensure the Bank is at the forefront of an optimal liquidity and funding management function
- Oversee liquidity stress testing processes as part of the Enterprise-Wide Stress Testing, OSFI Macro-Stress Testing, and ad hoc processes
- 15+ years of experience in Corporate Treasury, Capital Markets, Market Risk or Investment Banking
- BS/MS in a business or scientific field – Math, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, MBA
- Established people-leader with a proven track record of people-development and organizational leadership
- Proactive self-starter with a good commercial perspective
- Strong quantitative skills with the ability to analyze, evaluate and form independent judgments
- Expert knowledge of financial analysis and financial modeling in capital markets, commercial and retail businesses required
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across the bank at different levels of seniority
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to synthesize technical information into easy to understand concepts
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet timelines with a high attention to detail without compromising the integrity of the information
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage and lead cross-functional teams
- Strong aptitude for governance controls and documentation
- Ability to remain calm under high-stress situations
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and networkbuilding opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.